Where to buy a diamond ring- US or Canada?

Old September 10th 03, 01:42 AM
Willow

Default Where to buy a diamond ring- US or Canada?

(Apkesh) wrote in message
. ..
Hi, I live in Toronto, Canada but planning on proposing to my GF in
our trip to Boston in a few months. That means I could either purchase
the ring in the US or Canada. In Canada I'd be paying an extra 15% on
sales tax, but other than that, is there any advantages of buying it
in US? I would assume the market in Boston would be much more
competitive, so a bit cheaper- is that fair to say? I am planning on
spending between 5 and 7K Canadian. Please help me with your
suggestions if you can.

Thank you for your time.
apk

As a GG who specializes in diamonds (because they're easier,not
because I prefer them) when people ask me and they always do, I
recommend Costco. You can order a diamond (must be at least 1ct) and
then reset it in a setting your girlfriend likes. You can tell them
exactly what you want (i.e. VS1,D color, Emerald cut etc.)I definitely
don't work for Costco but I buy my own diamonds there, the price is
much cheaper and the quality better than mall stores or jewelry
districts (where the public likes to shop even though they are not
going to get a discount). Because the company buys millions of dollars
of diamonds at a time and have minimal overhead they can sell at great
discount. Most people don't think the diamonds are real or are
inferior (I have heard the funniest conversations standing at the
jewelry case) which is probably a good thing because we need jewelry
stores not megachains or I'd be out of business....Good luck and
congratulations!
Old September 13th 03, 05:38 AM
Lisa

I would say buy it at my sister's store in Harvard Square. She is the
diamond buyer and the bench jeweler's are the best...they will design
anything you can imagine and things you have never even thought of.

Ring ring! Charlie Beads 18 September 3rd 04 04:12 AM
Need feedback on Diamond band saws. Garry Lynch Glass 6 August 21st 04 06:38 PM
Totally OT and Political Too: Happy Election Day Canada! Susan B. Beads 21 July 4th 04 11:08 PM
"Gunk" Under Prongs in Engagement Ring sbright Jewelry 2 September 5th 03 03:39 PM
diamond ring Misia Jewelry 8 July 23rd 03 03:10 PM