WAY O.T. RANT!

Old January 26th 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

Default WAY O.T. RANT!

My brother died last March. Heart attack, almost 60yo. Find out today that
my baby sis (51 in 2 months) is in the hospital. 2 stents. It is snowing
cats & dogs in my neck o' the woods, so I can't get to her. SIGH The only
way I like snow, is to see it on T.V. from Florida!! I told DH we shoud
have left LAST Monday instead of next

Nana....... thanks for your ears

Old January 26th 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

That's what we're here for, Nana - to let you (and anyone else who needs
to) rant. So sorry to hear about your sister. My sister works at a local
hospital in cardiac cath, and she's mentioned that they continue to see
younger patients all the time. Of course, to my way of thinking,
"younger patients" means anyone my age or younger, and since I'm 60 now,
I think she probably means those in their 30s and 40s.

I know how frustrating it must be to not be able to be with her right
now. I'm sure she'll appreciate the comfort you could give her in
person, but even reassurance over the phone would probably be welcome.
Hugs from sisters are good no matter what form they come in!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Old January 27th 11, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Sorry about your sister. By the way, yesterday we had rain storms with high
winds. There were tornado warnings. Today we still had wind up to 25 mph.
Barbara in Central Florida

Old January 27th 11, 08:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 26/01/2011 23:03, Nana.Wilson wrote:
My brother died last March. Heart attack, almost 60yo. Find out today that
my baby sis (51 in 2 months) is in the hospital. 2 stents. It is snowing
cats& dogs in my neck o' the woods, so I can't get to her.SIGH The only
way I like snow, is to see it on T.V. from Florida!! I told DH we shoud
have left LAST Monday instead of next

Nana....... thanks for your ears

((((((Nana & Co))))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 27th 11, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MunnDE

My brother died last March. Heart attack, almost 60yo.
Find out today that my baby sis (51 in 2 months) is in the
hospital. 2 stents. It is snowing cats & dogs in my neck
o' the woods, so I can't get to her. SIGH The only way
I like snow, is to see it on T.V. from Florida!! I told
DH we shoud have left LAST Monday instead of next

Nana....... thanks for your ears

Hopefully the sun will come out soon and off you'll be to
see your sister.
Sounds like you've been thru a lot lately, so do take care
of yourself, Nana,
and knows prayers are being said for you all.

My 87 year old aunt (who's like a second mom to me) just
took a fall and
landed on her small beautiful face. Her nose and glasses
helped some with
the fall but she did crack two neck vertabrea's and had to
be taken to
Harbor View in Seattle. My aunt is one strong individual
and is not taking
this well at all....my uncle said the meds finally kicked in
and she slept.
I love her so soon much....hate to know she's hurting.

Donna
in WA

Old January 27th 11, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

Thanks, Everyone!! It was darkest before the dawn, the lights went out!!
But now the sun is shining & the electric is back on. My sis is coming home
today. I am packing as we speak so we can get the flock out of here before
the next round of snow comes along!! Minor set back DH had ta share hs cold
with me :-( This too shall pass.

Nana

Old January 29th 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Oh my -- how scary! In addition to the pain meds... make sure they ask the
doc about the need for calcium supplements to help in the healing of the
vertebra. As we age -- generally we intake less calcium (not so many
milkshakes and bowls of cereal, I guess). Overall -- a really well balance
diet is important so that all necessary nutrients are available. And I've
always heard the smoking slows the healing of broken bones.

Anyways -- I'm sure her doc will give her the best advice (I'm not a doc!).
Hope she heals well and quickly!

--
Kate in MI

rant!!!!! Kim Graham[_2_] Quilting 15 February 25th 10 07:37 AM
a small RANT, if you will The YarnWright Yarn 100 February 14th 06 07:43 AM
OT -- rant the black rose Quilting 16 June 11th 05 08:07 PM
OT rant Kathy Applebaum Quilting 25 May 6th 05 02:52 PM
Just a little OT rant Bungadora Yarn 4 April 1st 04 06:54 PM