HUG Quilt request

Old January 11th 11, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Default HUG Quilt request

We usually make our HUG requests via email -- so our recipient doesn't know
what it happening. However, this time that won't be a problem.

If you would like to contribute a red, white & blue block (6 1/2" or 12 1/2"
unfinished) for a HUG quilt for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- and can have it
in the mail by the end of the month

please either contact Pati Cook or Me for the address to mail the block.

For me -- just remove NO SPAM from my email address.

For Pati -- please send it to: Pati ** cooks ** at ** gmail
** dot ** com

(remove all the spaces and the ** )

Please put -- RCTQ HUG-- in the subject line please.

Pati would like to have the blocks asap, by the end of the month at the
latest so that I can deliver this by the middle of Feb. at the latest. Sign
blocks, please. Donations toward batting / sashing / backing gratefully
accepted.

--
Kate in MI

Old January 12th 11, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Jan 11, 1:57*pm, "Kate in MI" wrote:
[...]

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

This is a wonderful idea...I've been digging through my stash for the
"just right" pieces for my contribution! Donna
Old January 12th 11, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Granny always said the road to Hell was paved with good intentions. Just
thought I'd mention that although I've never been really sure if the road
was paved or not. Please DO participate and please DO pay attention. 6½
means six AND one-half. Please don't make Pati collapse by making your
block a wee bit not quite.
'By the end of the month' means THIS month. We know the dog ate your
homework and have heard every other excuse. If your Tom cat is having
kittens and you must change her name, no matter. Get that block going.
How was that for a motivational speech? Polly

Old January 12th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Awesome Polly :-). After making five or six {{{QUILTS}}}, I'm here
to tell you that NOTHING is as frustrating as getting a lovely block
that is just NOT quite big enough! Regardless of what anyone says, all
rulers are NOT created equal. I always ask people to send me
**untrimmed** blocks and then I use MY ruler to trim them down to the
required size. I'm not sure what Pati wants but everyone needs to
remember that it's easier to cut a smidge off a block than it is to try
and add a smidge! Several times I have had to remove the outer piece of
a block and add a new piece that was a bit bigger. That's a total
P.I.T.A. to say the least!!
Now, if I could just get the Christmas decorations packed away and
get my house back in order, I would be a happy camper! This time I'm
going to have to send a bit of "green" in lieu of a block. CiaoMeow ^;;^

"dealer83" wrote in message
[...]

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 12th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Thanks everyone. Yes untrimmed works fine, Tia Mary.
And that is a great motivating speech, Polly.
A note...... if there comes an overabundance of blocks, perhaps I
should make additional Huggs for some of the other victims??
Not sure there will be with this short a time frame but any thoughts?

I will fill in with blocks as needed, and so on.

Thanks again,
Pati, in Phx

Old January 12th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I'm sure little Christina's family would welcome a red/white/blue memory
quilt. As most of you know she was born on 9/11/2001 -- a tragic day in our
country and lost her life on a tragic day as well.

So I would be more than happy to send 2 blocks. I know others also lost
their lives but Gabrielle and Christina are the two most prominent victims.
I sure we are not unique in wanting to send our sympathy and support. There
are likely other groups around the country doing the same thing.

--
Kate in MI

Old January 12th 11, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default Completely OT, prayer request

I've posted here in the past about my daughter, who continues to have
a hard time of it. She recently started this great job, which she
really is over-educated for, but that's the reality in this economy.

It seems that some of the folks she is working with resent, how do we
say it,her intelligence in that she does ask questions which get
misconsrewed. As such her probation was extended and if she desn't
'pass' it they'll let her go. DH and I have had a couple of long talks
with her and given her a lot of advice which she has sincerely taken
(loose the anger, be mindful of what you say, ask the supervisor for
regular check in meetings, etc).

I firmly believe in the power of prayer as it has helped me so much in
the past. Please, if any of you have a moment or two to send a
prayer, good vibe or positive thought her way it would sure be
appreciated. Thanks.

-Irene
Old January 13th 11, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

How about Phyllis Schneck -- the victim who was "introduced" as a quilter.

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

Old January 14th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MunnDE

Two blocks will be in the mail tomorrow Pati - the larger
one for
Gabrielle, the smaller one for Christina's family HUG.

Sharon (N.B.)

My two blocks headed towards Arizona yesterday; one 6.5 and
the other 12.5. I live in WA so I'm hoping you'll get them
early
sometime next week.

Thanks again, Pati

Donna
in WA

Hug request maryd Quilting 6 July 27th 05 02:46 AM
HUG request for one of our own Dreamweaver Quilting 6 May 13th 05 08:02 PM
Another hug quilt request Karen Johnson Quilting 0 January 24th 05 02:36 PM
Hug Request !! Frosty772 Quilting 13 April 8th 04 10:43 PM
How to request a HUG quilt for someone Frosty772 Quilting 6 December 3rd 03 10:44 PM