Hug Quilt?

Old January 10th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MunnDE

Default Hug Quilt?

It's such a tragedy what happened to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords
in Tucson, Ariz. Wouldn't a red, white and blue Quilt Hug
from this group representing the different states of the
USofA be a most perfect gift for Ms. Giffords? We could
mark our squares with not only our name/initials but also
our State to let her know we are here and that we care.

Throw out the politics and all that goes with it and maybe
we could come together and make a quilt that truly
represents our country and everything it stands for.
What a great gift to give to her by showing her how much
her life is valued thru out the USofA.

Is this something we can do? I don't have the funds to
make the quilt but I sure can make a red, white and blue
6" or 12" square and send it off to someone who can.

What say you?

Donna

Old January 10th 11, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

If I get someone to take on the assembly and someone to quilt & bind it --
I'll be happy to put out a request for blocks.

But first we need someone to take the lead on the project.

--
Kate in MI

Old January 10th 11, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MunnDE

If I get someone to take on the assembly and someone to
quilt & bind it -- I'll be happy to put out a request for
blocks.

But first we need someone to take the lead on the project.

--
Kate in MI

Sounds great, Kate. let me know.

Old January 10th 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

I could possibly take this on..... But only if there is not someone
else who really wants to do it.G
And I could personally deliver it, at least to the hospital if it is
done quickly enough.

Pati, in Phx

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Old January 10th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I've not heard from anyone -- so if you are interested -- please email me
privately by removing the NO SPAM from my addy.

thanks

--
Kate in MI

Old January 12th 11, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Phyllis Schneck, quilter Hug Quilt?

Howdy!

Good start.

There are many victims, including the honorable Rep. Giffords.

http://networkedblogs.com/cSaPJ

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congre...hot_thumbnails

I hope we make Hug quilts any time we can.

Ragmop/Sandy - ... everyone needs a Hug ...

Old January 12th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

You are very right, Sandy.
The six who died, including a young girl and a federal judge are
always in our thoughts here.
In fact, partly because there were reports about a group from Kansas
planning to demonstrate at the funerals, the State Legislature passed
a bill, which was signed by the Gov. Brewer, that prohibits
demonstrations within a certain distance of and within a specific time
frame of funerals.

The reports from survivors of the incident, and victims who have been
released from the hospital, are extraordinary.
Locally we aren't getting much other news here. And flags are at half
staff.

Update on Giffords, as of last night the doctors are sure she will
survive. No word on brain damage except that the bullet only went
through one side of her brain, not both. She is doing as well as can
be expected. Her district is in southern Arizona, a largely rural
area. The news I usually watch, KPHO Channel 5, did a bit with
interviewing people in Benson (part of her district). They said that
every single person they asked to interview was willing, and all had
positive things to say about Giffords. She is real up and coming star
in Congress.

Thanks to all who have contacted me.

Pati, in Phx

The hug quilt She in PA Quilting 0 April 17th 05 01:27 AM
Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped Michelle in NJ Quilting 5 March 31st 05 01:51 AM
What's a hug quilt? Trixie Quilting 4 March 15th 05 01:30 PM
Hug quilt Joanne Passmore Quilting 7 January 25th 05 01:07 PM
Hug Quilt Heather Quilting 5 October 22nd 04 05:56 PM