the least of these

Old May 20th 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default the least of these

Can you make a quilt about 17" square? A burial quilt for a wee one who was
born too soon? Our group needs about 100 fetal demise blankets. This state
holds the very painful record for the most premature births/deaths in our
nation.
It is a tough call. Making a quilt for a burial is surely
heart-wrenching unless you know that you are wrapping a little angel that
never breathed and deserves better than being wrapped in paper.
The quilts need to be white, cream, pink or blue - something gentle and
not cheerful. Just two squares with a thin batting - binding is not
expected, birthing is fine. Quilting is not expected either, just tying in
6 or 7 random places or a tack stitch on your SM.
Join me if you can in hugging the littlest angels. I know you can't do
a hundred but I thought I'd ask if some of you could do just one. Polly

Old May 20th 10, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Polly I'll be stitching tomorrow and send them on as soon as I can.
Who could say no to such a powerful request.

Sunny
Old May 20th 10, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Sunny. I would lots rather be playing with the new lime batiks
that are just dazzling with the purples here for crib quilts. Lots rather.
The limes will keep ( if not quietly). Sometimes we need to snuggle a
precious little angel and be just oh so thankful for the little miracles
that do live and bless our lives. Polly

Old May 20th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Polly, would it be okay to practice some quilting on the 17 in. squares-
like meandering/stippling, McTavishing, feathers or some small medallion?
Or would that be too much? This might be a good way to do FMQ warm ups
before starting on your quilt- if that is acceptable- and produce a tiny
quilt at the same time. I'm so sorry these are needed at all.... ever.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 20th 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I'll get started on some as soon as possible. Do we send them to you?
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old May 20th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We hate to refuse any kind offer, Leslie, but sometimes quilting stiffens a
quilt (at least a little) and these wee ones need very soft wraps. A bit of
lace, ribbon or embroidery is good but stay as gentle as you can. Polly

"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO." Polly, would it be okay to practice some

Old May 20th 10, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Sending them to me will be fine. Ever since I won the lottery I've had to
be careful about keeping my address secret from the kinfolks and the irs but
I'll share it with whoever can make wraps with us. Polly

"Louise in Iowa"

Old May 20th 10, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lelandite

Sending them to me will be fine. Ever since I won the
lottery I've had to be careful about keeping my address
secret from the kinfolks and the irs but I'll share it
with whoever can make wraps with us. Polly

Polly, my private email addy is
The things one never thinks about. Sad.

Donna
in WA

Old May 20th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
voxwoman

Polly,
New here, but can I bring this request to my guild? And where should I/
we send these when they're done? (email me at this posting address)

-Wendy