Knitted bracelet

Old December 3rd 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Knitted bracelet

I have just knitted a bracelet using silver plated wire and beads with
some crystals.

It really glitters in the sunlight.

I had no pattern, saw a woman wearing one so I thought I would have a go
at one.

It is on my website under " beadwork"

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old December 3rd 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

~STUNNING!~
Shirley, you did a fantastic job having no pattern!
Your swamp (haha) mate across the pond,
Linda

:
: It really glitters in the sunlight.
:
: I had no pattern, saw a woman wearing one so I thought I would have a go
: at one.
:
: It is on my website under " beadwork"
:
: http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
:
: Shirley
: --
: Shirley Shone
:
:
http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Old December 4th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

I've never tried one, although I have crocheted a cabochon.

I have looked at a lot of pictures of them though, and you did great!
That's really pretty!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old December 4th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Margot

This is exquisite. I would love to try one . What did you use
crochet or needle. I am very new at this.. Your work is very nice.

Old December 4th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

I used knitting needles Old English size 8. the wire was 34 gauge, quite
fine.
I threaded the beads on to the wire. Since I did not have a pattern I
could have done with a few more so put plenty on. They will always come
off the other end when you have finished if there are too many.

I cast on 12 stitches and knit 4 rows garter stitch.
Continue in knitting in garter stitch trapping a bead in random places.
I used about 3 in the first row then tried to space them in between.

Carry on like this until the length required.
Then I changed to stocking stitch and just plain knitted until it was
double length, this portion fold back under the bracelet.
The one I saw was fastened with snap fasteners but I made mine a little
too short and used large crystal beads and loops. I like it better
because it gives more detail to the bracelet

I am going to try it with chip beads.

Shirley

In message . com,
Margot writes

Old December 5th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Shirley -- I just love your creative spirit. You saw one and came home
and made one -- I love that!!!

When are you leaving for Africa? Is it Africa??

Becki

Old December 5th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message . com,
Beckibead writes

Shirley -- I just love your creative spirit. You saw one and came home
and made one -- I love that!!!

When are you leaving for Africa? Is it Africa??

Becki

I rather think that it may be a no go for me.
I have not been well for a long time and after my emergency rush to
hospital 4 weeks ago I can see it slipping away.
My blood has gone too thin and I bruise easily.
I have 4 appointments at 3 hospitals the first 2 weeks in January.
My Dh is not keen for me to go because he cannot go with me.
There are many things to consider I do not want to list them all.
I shall be very disappointed.
They will have the beads anyway.

Just to keep abreast of things I have done my first quilted item, It is
on my website under other crafts.
Thanks for your kind words
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old December 6th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Ooooooh, that's so pretty! It looks like it was a lot of fun to knit. Is
it comfy to wear?

--
Kandice Seeber
Website - www.lampwork.net

Old December 6th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Oh, that's a bummer, sweetie - I know you were looking forward to it. But
you have to take care of yourself. We love you!

Old December 6th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message , Kandice
Seeber writes
Ooooooh, that's so pretty! It looks like it was a lot of fun to knit. Is
it comfy to wear?

Yes it is very comfy to wear. I have made a second one.
I am wearing the original one tonight because I am going out to the
annual Christmas dinner with the girls from the library where I used to
work.

Maybe I will get some orders. I wonder what a fair charge would be. It
takes me about 10 hours to knit it. It is slower going than yarn.

My next one will be with chip beads.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Bracelet Tag??? Black Cat Beads Beads 73 June 1st 04 09:20 PM
Bracelet Swap RULES!!!!!!!!! Black Cat Beads Beads 2 June 1st 04 04:35 PM
Bracelet Exchange starlia Beads 44 March 6th 04 08:30 AM
AD: one and two-day beading workshops - Craft Students League NYC Craft Students League Beads 1 February 26th 04 10:14 PM
High Mercury Content in Silver Bracelet KJ Jewelry 8 December 23rd 03 05:57 AM