Happy Birthday to me....

Old May 31st 05, 05:22 PM
MRH

Default Happy Birthday to me....

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, I really do appreciate them.
Like I said in an earlier post, I had actually forgotten it was my
birthday... it just doesn't seem like the end of May already.

Well, my day started off good. The sun is shining beautifully, and all went
well at the doctor's office. Then I came back to town and checked the mail.
*sigh* There was a letter waiting for me from Ontario Works telling me
that my assistance has been suspended as of June 1st (with the mortgage
coming out today... covered by Matthew, thank goodness, and bills needing to
be paid tomorrow because they had to be put off a couple of weeks already),
because I had missed an appointment last week. The thing is, I had called
in and told them that my Fibromyalgia was flaring up badly and getting
progressively worse and that I doubted that I could make it the next day.
The person I spoke with said she would pass on the information and that the
one I was supposed to meet with would get in touch to make a new appointment
with me.

I just called and spoke with the one I was supposed to meet with and she
told me that I had said that I would not agree to allow them to send the
revised court order against my ex-husband to be sent to Family
Responsibility and *that*, plus missing the meeting last week is why my
assistance has been cut off. I was in tears throughout the call, and I
informed her that I had *never* once said that I would not agree to allow
them to send the revised court order to Family Responsibility, and that
whoever I spoke with had said someone would get back in touch with me to
rearrange another meeting so it wasn't MY fault that no one got back to me
about it. She was very pig-headed about the whole thing, repeating that I
WOULDN'T allow them to send the order, that it was MY fault that things were
being held up. Friggin government workers.... just for one month I would
love for them to be on the receiving end of this sort of crap!

At the end of the call she said that she would talk to my case worker and
SEE if anything can be done about it. Gee thanks... and if nothing can be
done we'll have people threatening to turn things off again. Yeah... Happy
Birthday to me! :'o(

Sorry for moaning *again*, but Matthew's at work and I have no one else to
talk to at the moment.

Gemini

Old May 31st 05, 05:32 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"MRH" mthecarpenteratxcelcodotondotca wrote in message
[...]

Gem,
You moan, whine, cry.... whatever you need to do, ANYTIME, hon!
Regarding fibermalgya (I KNOW, I misspelled it, I'm too lazy to scroll up to
copy it, lol!)... there was just something on the news here last night about
people having great results, using something really 'common' and
over-the-counter, and now I'll be darned if I can recall what it was!
If it comes to me, I'll email you offlist.
Hugs and prayers for you and Matthew!
Noreen

Old May 31st 05, 07:32 PM
Katherine

MRH wrote:
[...]

OH, Gem, that sucks, big time! I hope that you get this straightened up
soonest.

Hugs and prayers,
Katherine

Old May 31st 05, 07:32 PM
Katherine

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
[...]

If you find it, could you send it to me, too, please, as Keith is in misery
right now.
TIA
Hugs,
Katherine

Old May 31st 05, 07:46 PM
MRH

"Katherine" wrote in message

OH, Gem, that sucks, big time! I hope that you get this straightened up
soonest.

Thank you, Katherine. I've got the phone right here beside me waiting to
hear back... she asked for my phone number and said that she'd contact my
caseworker, so I am assuming that she (or my caseworker) will call me back
to let me know what's going on. However, if I don't hear by 4 PM I may call
back again.

*hug*
Gem

Old May 31st 05, 08:06 PM
MRH

"Katherine" wrote in message
Noreen,
If you find it, could you send it to me, too, please, as Keith is in
misery right now.
TIA
Hugs,
Katherine

Yes, that would be great Noreen.

I can sure sympathize with Keith, Katherine. I *was* feeling okay this
morning, but the stress has gotten the fibromyalgia flaring up again. I
just hate how it can do a complete turn-around within hours. / If I
*ever* hear back from Ontario Works I am going to go use my shiatsu chair
pad to try to relax my back a bit.

Gem

Oh by the way, the Shiatsu Chair Pad that I have can be found on the
following site:
http://www.charlescraft.ca/products/...ody/body3.html

the write up about it is he
http://www.charlescraft.ca/products/...dy/sbm200.html

Old May 31st 05, 09:01 PM
Laura J

Oh Gem, I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this crap, and on your
birthday of all days. I see that it is almost 4 already now (though maybe
you're in a different time zone?) so hopefully you have heard from them and
they have figured it all out but if not, definitely call. Sometimes things
do not get through to these people without constant reminders!

Good luck and big hugs,
LauraJ

Old May 31st 05, 09:22 PM
MRH

"Laura J" wrote in message news:ho3ne.7498$Fb.5583@trndny07...
Oh Gem, I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this crap, and on your
birthday of all days. I see that it is almost 4 already now (though maybe
you're in a different time zone?) so hopefully you have heard from them
and they have figured it all out but if not, definitely call. Sometimes
things do not get through to these people without constant reminders!

Good luck and big hugs,
LauraJ

Thank you, Laura! Actually I *just* got off the phone with my caseworker.
I had to call back... when I got through I spoke with the same one I spoke
with earlier and she said "Oh Irene hasn't called you yet?" Then she went
to her office to talk to her and said "One of us will call you back." A
couple of minutes later my caseworker called back and apologized for not
calling sooner. In any case, my cheque will be ready tomorrow... but I have
to go into the city to get it (because it takes 48 hours? to be deposited
into my account), and while I'm there I have to meet with her and sign a
release for the dorky court order thing that they claimed I had said I
WOULDN'T sign.

What really gets me is... if there was/is something that *could* hold back
your money, why don't they send you a letter or call and say "If you don't
do **** your assistance COULD be suspended." That would make things so much
easier and less stressful than to get a letter saying that your assistance
IS suspended because you didn't do ****. /

Anyway, I'm just glad that is sorted out... until they find something else
that hasn't been done. Not that I get a LOT of money anyway, but at least
it will cover a couple of the more important bills until Matthew's next
paycheque comes in. *sigh*

Now I can finally go eat... I haven't eaten all day. In a hurry to get to
the doctor this morning and then way too stressed to eat since I got back
home and read that letter. Where's Casper? I may have to chew on his leg
until I find something in the fridge. LOL Just kidding of course, but he's
such a patient little guy he'd likely put up with it.... well, for a couple
of minutes anyway, then he'd be telling me off. hehehe

Gem

Old May 31st 05, 09:48 PM
Katherine

MRH wrote:
"Laura J" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, Gem, what a relief! I have had knots in my stomach for the past couple
of hours, just thinking about what bureaurocrats can do to people. I hope
that your life will get on an even keel this year.

Hugs,
Katherine

Old May 31st 05, 09:51 PM
norma woods

Katherine and Ruth, a friend of mine with fibro is on amitriptolene (sp) I
understand that it does help her. It is prescription though.

--
Star love,
Norma