ISO: sailboat/irish chain quilting pattern

Old September 28th 04, 12:24 AM
sharonn

Default ISO: sailboat/irish chain quilting pattern

Everyone here as been _so_ helpful in the past ... that I though maybe
you would be able to come through one more time.

I saw a quilt this past weekend at a local show and it was a pieced
sail boat that looked to be in the middle of a modified irish chain.
I _loved_ this pattern (not to mention it was done in some of my
favorite colors!) I'm sure it was in a pattern book somewhere ... but
I don't have the foggiest idea of where to start looking. (All that
was included in the display was the name of the maker!) Any ideas?
It's a long shot ... but anything will be helpful.

Old September 28th 04, 07:59 PM
Julia in MN

Is this the one? http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/CJSailboats.JPG I
based this on a pattern in a book I had borrowed from my guild's library
(or maybe it was the public library), but I can't remember the title of
the book.

The blocks are nine-patches alternating with the sailboat blocks and
separated with a sashing. The sashing matches the background of the
sailboat blocks and the light patches in the 9-patch blocks. The
cornerstones in the sashing match the dark patches in the 9-patch
blocks. There is border (again matching the sashing and background) with
cornerstones matching the cornerstones in the sashing. The dark in the
9-patch blocks is blue with red stars; the boats are a more subtle print
in the same shade of blue; the background is white with a small blue &
yellow print. Blocks are 6 inches square, finished size. Border and
sashing are 2 inches finished.

As I recall, the pattern gave instructions for traditional piecing of
the sailboats. I used Quilt-Pro to design a foundation pattern for
foundation paper piecing. It is based on a 16-patch block, so the pieces
are a bit small-ish, at least compared to what I usually work with.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Searching for Pattern from Simply Quilts Nancy in Livermore, CA Quilting 7 September 2nd 04 06:48 PM
beginning machine quilting Patti Quilting 10 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM
Quilting and what I've been up to this summer frood Quilting 3 August 15th 03 12:14 AM
looking for a pattern SMark Quilting 0 August 8th 03 01:38 AM
Quilting Thread question Carol Wolfe Quilting 9 July 15th 03 05:20 AM