looking for a star pattern

Old February 24th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

Default looking for a star pattern

My friend wants an Ohio Star lap quilt and I am thinking that done
traditionally that is a little too much trouble. Does anyone know of
a speed method or a fairly simple star pattern. I am wanting
something one might make as a charity quilt - something to be whipped
up in a few weeks. Thanks for any help.
Old February 24th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One[_2_]

It's not that difficult to rotary cut and piece.

Here's a set of instructions:
http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/OhioStar...irections.html

Old February 24th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One[_2_]

Here's another Ohio Star pattern. This one alternates with a simple
appliqué block. Might make your quilt go faster.

http://quickquilts.com/patriotic/pattern_101/

Old February 24th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Mystified One wrote:
Here's another Ohio Star pattern. This one alternates with a simple
appliqué block. Might make your quilt go faster.

http://quickquilts.com/patriotic/pattern_101/

If you look at the instructions carefully, the star is set on point and
the heart is appliqued at the intersection - which doesn't seem speedy
to me, appliqueing on a bigger piece is much more unwieldy than on to a
small piece.

Ohio stars on point look like variable/saw tooth stars on point and vice
versa. I think a variable/sawtooth star is marginally faster to piece
than an ohio star, so you could do that and set it on point.

Anne
Old February 24th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Friendship Star might work.... Using Thangles you can create a LOT of
perfect HST's pretty quickly. Yes you have to tear the paper off... but I
shorten my stitch WAY WAY much -- and the paper tears easily!

--
Kate in MI

Old February 24th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 24, 1:52*pm, Idahoqltr wrote:
My friend wants an Ohio Star lap quilt and I am thinking that done
traditionally that is a little too much trouble. *Does anyone know of
a speed method or a fairly simple star pattern. *I am wanting
something one might make as a charity quilt - something to be whipped
up in a few weeks. *Thanks for any help.

Here is one I did and it took me about a week from buying the fabric
to sewing on the binding

.http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OhioStarBlock.htm

John
Old February 24th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

http://www.bellaonline.com/subjects/4869.asp
This link takes you to a page full of star block patterns from easy to
more complicated. jennellh

Old February 25th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Make one huge Ohio Star block, add a border or two, and you're done

Or make 4 18" stars, add sashing and a border or two.

Julia in MN
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old February 25th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

On Feb 24, 2:58 pm, John wrote:
On Feb 24, 1:52 pm, Idahoqltr wrote:

My friend wants an Ohio Star lap quilt and I am thinking that done
traditionally that is a little too much trouble. Does anyone know of
a speed method or a fairly simple star pattern. I am wanting
something one might make as a charity quilt - something to be whipped
up in a few weeks. Thanks for any help.

Here is one I did and it took me about a week from buying the fabric
to sewing on the binding

.http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OhioStarBlock.htm

John

I couldn't get your link to work John, so I'm posting the one I pulled
to see if it works!

http://quilterscache.com/O/OhioStarBlock.html

I agree, up the size of the block or put them on point, and put plain
blocks in between...that's gonna make it faster!

Dannielle
Old February 25th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 24, 2:58*pm, John wrote:
On Feb 24, 1:52*pm, Idahoqltr wrote:

My friend wants an Ohio Star lap quilt and I am thinking that done
traditionally that is a little too much trouble. *Does anyone know of
a speed method or a fairly simple star pattern. *I am wanting
something one might make as a charity quilt - something to be whipped
up in a few weeks. *Thanks for any help.

Here is one I did and it took me about a week from buying the fabric
to sewing on the binding

.http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OhioStarBlock.htm

John

I left off the L in the html. sorry about that.

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OhioStarBlock.html

John

Question - looking for star pattern or name Scorpio Quilting 9 September 16th 06 09:26 PM
Folded Star Pattern Bobbie Sews Moore Quilting 8 March 13th 06 11:04 PM
feathered star pattern Jpete314 Quilting 1 February 23rd 04 10:15 PM
star pattern search cozy Quilting 4 January 30th 04 09:25 PM
Looking for Feathered Star pattern Pollerts Quilting 6 November 7th 03 11:03 PM