Newbie....Hello

Old October 18th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sgrube

Default Newbie....Hello

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am very new to quilting. I would love to
learn how. I have
my sisters sewing machine, which is a Kenmore Mini Ultra 3/4 Size
Sewing Machine with 6 Stitches Plus Buttonhole. I am also new to
sewing, so I am learning a lot of things as I go.
I have made a rag quilt and some small tote bags. I would like to make
a rag quilt tote bag,
but don't know where to start. Could someone please help me or lead me
in the right
direction.

Thanks
Shannon

Old October 18th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

I can't help with the tote.... but I can say welcome! We're glad you found us!

I'm sure you'll learn a lot from your new quilting friends here.... we are a talkative bunch...
and I know I have learned much here!

Other things you should learn.... (besides quilting tips and techniques)
1) hide your chocolate (which, by the way -- are you a dark? light? milk? or other chocolate
lover?)
2) hide your stash --- especially if you announce you are taking a vacation or will be away from
home for long.

;-)

Tell us more about your family, any QI's (quilt inspectors aka pets). Favorite colors... favorite
fabric designers....

just tell us everything!

Kate in MI

ups.com...

Old October 18th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sgrube

Kate - Thanks for the welcome. I love White Chocolate..I am allergic
to something in the dark chocolates.

Tell us more about your family, any QI's (quilt inspectors aka pets). Favorite colors... favorite
fabric designers.... My family: I am married and have 6 hunting dogs, 1 pet dog (outside) and 1 inside Calico cat. She is my shadow. My favorite colors are....ALL!!

I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks again,
Shannon

Old October 18th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Welcome Shannon.
Sorry, can't help you with your question, though!
..
In message . com,
sgrube writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 18th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Vikki In WA State

Hi Shannon,
Welcome. You have come to the right place to learn to quilt. While we
really can't teach you, we can tell you where to go for good advice. There
is lots of information on the web.
http://www.quilterscache.com/ is one place to look. I am sure you will
get lots of advise. It is what we are good at.

--
Vikki in WA State

ups.com...

Old October 18th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Hi and Welcome from Downunder Shannon!

I am not sure what you mean by a rag quilt tote bag so I
cannot help either, but I wanted to warn you about the stash
pirates on this group. Don't tell anyone where you keep
your fabric stash!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"sgrube" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Hi, my name is Shannon and I am very new to quilting. I
would love to
: learn how. I have
: my sisters sewing machine, which is a Kenmore Mini Ultra
3/4 Size
: Sewing Machine with 6 Stitches Plus Buttonhole. I am also
new to
: sewing, so I am learning a lot of things as I go.
: I have made a rag quilt and some small tote bags. I would
like to make
: a rag quilt tote bag,
: but don't know where to start. Could someone please help
me or lead me
: in the right
: direction.
:
: Thanks
: Shannon
:
:

Old October 19th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sgrube

I am not sure what you mean by a rag quilt tote bag

There is one on ebay. I will try to post a link...hope this works....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grungy-Americana...QQcmdZViewItem

Item number is 120041260892 in case the link didn't work.

Thanks again,
Shannon

Old October 19th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary Anna

On 18 Oct 2006 11:07:30 -0700, sgrube wrote:

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am very new to quilting. I would love to
learn how. I have
my sisters sewing machine, which is a Kenmore Mini Ultra 3/4 Size
Sewing Machine with 6 Stitches Plus Buttonhole. I am also new to
sewing, so I am learning a lot of things as I go.
I have made a rag quilt and some small tote bags. I would like to make
a rag quilt tote bag,

Hi Shannon,

I can't help with the tote either, since I'm a new quilter myself, but I'd
like to welcome you to the group. I've only been here a short time and have
already learned about lot's of good tips and ideas. This is a very helpful
group!

--
Mary Anna in NY
Old October 19th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WV Quilter

Welcome Shannon,
I just finished my first rag quilt. I can't help with the tote question
but hope to be of help maybe in the future. I'm also new to this group
but have found it helpful and a joy to read.
I live in West Virginia, married 30 years. I have two furry friends at
home, we call them the "girls" golden retreiver litter mates. When I
get my website cleaned up I will share some photos. Good luck &
welcome

WV Quilter

Old October 19th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

Shannon,

Welcome to the group, I am new to the group and quilting. Well I was
in the group back around 1996-97 but never did get the first quilt
made so I am now working on projects. Notice I didn't say a project I
said Projects. It is so much fun, I just can't wait to get something
finished that I can post.

Those handbag/totes on ebay are cute. Have you written the seller
about them, I have found that most are willing to share how they do
things.

Jacqueline

wrote:

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am very new to quilting. I would love to
learn how. I have
my sisters sewing machine, which is a Kenmore Mini Ultra 3/4 Size
Sewing Machine with 6 Stitches Plus Buttonhole. I am also new to
sewing, so I am learning a lot of things as I go.
I have made a rag quilt and some small tote bags. I would like to make
a rag quilt tote bag,
but don't know where to start. Could someone please help me or lead me
in the right
direction.

Thanks
Shannon

Jacqueline from Kentucky
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things

newbie question - quilting costs Kay Ahr Quilting 16 February 14th 06 11:58 AM
newbie with a tatting question FtForger Yarn 6 July 1st 04 06:18 PM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 07:15 PM
newbie to the newsgroup Lucille Needlework 6 October 9th 03 02:50 AM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM