A newbie :)

Old July 3rd 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default A newbie :)

Hi, I'm sort of introducing myself. My name is Sunny. I'm running hard
at 50 and just started quilting a couple years ago. My health took a
turn south and I couldn't work anymore, so the perpetually fidgety,
impatient and hyperactive person took up quilting for a hobby. LOL. I
think I've figured out how to post my photos. Here is a link. There are
two of my quilts on now and I have more to add in a bit.

I'm really soaking up all the information. I've been lurking here
almost a year now. I don't feel very brave. I want to learn more. I'm
really interested in figuring out how to make something that's "me"
rather than always sticking to a pattern. The little wall hanging with
the coffee cup is my design. It's tiny and not very impressive but I
felt proud to think of it.

I hope to get to know you all. I'm an active member of another online
site that deals with a specific health issue. I love my friends there,
but I want very much to concentrate more on what I can do and learn
rather than on the problems I live with.

Thanks for all the good info and smart stuff and wonderful sharing I've
already found on this site.

Sunny
Wenatchee, WA

Old July 3rd 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Welcome! No link was posed so we can't see what you are doing

Denny
Old July 3rd 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ann

HI Sunny and welcome to the group

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

oups.com...

Old July 3rd 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Glad to see you here, Sunny (I think you said 'hello' a while ago - or
was it a dream?)
As to finding your own style, that could take a while!! You really need
to try things which appeal to you - from their looks, and see how you
enjoy making them - often a very different thing. Gradually, you will
find yourself always turning to a certain type of thing - or you may
not! You might be in the happy position of enjoying most of the work
you do, regardless of style.
I love your attitude to your health issue. Well done you. I am
impatient (with most things except quilting!), it can work g
..
In message .com, S
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 3rd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Welcome Sunny! With such a gorgeous name you'll be sure to add a bright
spot to the group. Can't wait to see your quilts;

quicker)

oups.com...

Old July 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ACK! I left out the link, lol ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16989612@N00/?saved=1

Thanks for all the warm welcome! I did post in one thread a week or so
ago, asking a question. Double hello to all who said Hi to me there

Sunny

Patti wrote:
Glad to see you here, Sunny (I think you said 'hello' a while ago - or
was it a dream?)
As to finding your own style, that could take a while!! You really need
to try things which appeal to you - from their looks, and see how you
enjoy making them - often a very different thing. Gradually, you will
find yourself always turning to a certain type of thing - or you may
not! You might be in the happy position of enjoying most of the work
you do, regardless of style.
I love your attitude to your health issue. Well done you. I am
impatient (with most things except quilting!), it can work g
.
In message .com, S
writes

Old July 4th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

S wrote:
[...]

Hi Sunny,

So glad you could join us! This is a fun group. I think you'll enjoy
it here. As for being brave--I've been quilting for 10 years and some
things still intimidate me. However, I've learned I can always put
those projects on a shelf and start a new one while I'm waiting for the
courage to continue. ;-) (Don't look on my shelves--they're very
full!)

Somehow your link didn't come through. Could you re-post?

Michelle in NV

Old July 4th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

Hi Sunny,

Your coffee cup wall hanging is terrific! So cheerful. Really cool
original. I think you may be well on your way to designing your own
patterns. :-)

And I'm really partial to the convergence wallhanging and the quilt you
made for your niece. I can't believe you've been quilting just a
couple of years. Looks to me like you've jumped in both feet and never
looked back.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Michelle in NV

Old July 4th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
C&S

Welcome Sunny. As you've experienced from lurking, this is a wonderful
group of people that are very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing your work.
They look wonderful.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

oups.com...

Old July 4th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam in Spencerport

They look great Sunny and welcome to the group!

Pam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29652245@N00/

Patti wrote:
[...]

newbie question - quilting costs Kay Ahr Quilting 16 February 14th 06 11:58 AM
newbie with fabric question [email protected] Quilting 3 December 10th 04 06:36 PM
newbie with a tatting question FtForger Yarn 6 July 1st 04 06:18 PM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 07:15 PM
Newbie! - Need Quilting Fabric & Squares? It's ON Sale!! Contagious Cotton Quilting 2 December 15th 03 12:33 AM