Frustration

Old March 18th 04, 08:23 PM
biig

Default Frustration

Well, I have a craft show to do this weekend and my best efforts to
make something with wire and crimps ( I just paid 22 dollars for a pair
of crimp pliers) and nothing looked good enough to sell. I just ended
up putting it away and went back to bead weaving. This is the biggest
show I've done, since all my other shows were in rest homes or schools.
The traffic should be heavier at this show, and this is my real
test.... Failure isn't an option since I've sunk many many dollars into
supplies and I don't even wear much jewelry myself...lol At least with
beading, you can salvage the beads of something that doesn't look
right.... Anybody have any experience in this sort of thing?

Sharon in SW Ontario Canada
Old March 18th 04, 11:52 PM
Barbara Otterson

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:23:22 -0500, biig wrote:
Well, I have a craft show to do this weekend and my best efforts to
make something with wire and crimps ( I just paid 22 dollars for a pair
of crimp pliers) and nothing looked good enough to sell. I just ended
up putting it away and went back to bead weaving. This is the biggest
show I've done, since all my other shows were in rest homes or schools.
The traffic should be heavier at this show, and this is my real
test.... Failure isn't an option since I've sunk many many dollars into
supplies and I don't even wear much jewelry myself...lol At least with
beading, you can salvage the beads of something that doesn't look
right.... Anybody have any experience in this sort of thing?

Well, if you're saying you can't string a necklace worth selling,
no. If you're saying that you're having a crappy day and
everything is coming up skunk cabbage, yes.
If it is the latter, take a deep breath, do something else for
a little while, find something that inspires you and move on.
Remember the old adage about there being an ass for every
seat (old used car dealer saying). What looks ugly to you
will be unbelievably beautiful to Mrs. Fartsworth.
If it is the former, find something else to do with the beads.
Not everyone is meant to make jewelry. Even if they really,
really want to.
I have a feeling that you're just trying too hard. Relax. Put
on some music. Have a glass of wine. Whatever it takes.
Jump your significant other's bones (works for me every
time). Once you let go, it will all fall into place.
I keep all kinds of junk around my studio. Failed attempts
at the "perfect creation". It's amazing how many high-dollar
absolutely beautiful things have come from rejects, broken
"things", etc. I just needed to view them from a new
perspective.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen
Old March 19th 04, 12:17 AM
Christina Peterson

Hear! Hear!

Tina

"Barbara Otterson" wrote ...

Old March 19th 04, 01:16 AM
biig

I think I'm just having a crappy week creative-wise. I've been bead
weaving by following patterns and it's going well. I just can't put my
own ideas together to get a good result...maybe pressure trying to get
something done for the show I guess....I'll try again when there isn't
any deadlone. Thanks for the support....Sharon

Old March 20th 04, 08:08 AM
Kalera Stratton

I am going to print this out and put it in my studio!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old March 20th 04, 07:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

Great, great post.

[...]

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 21st 04, 01:48 AM
Barbara Otterson

On 20 Mar 2004 19:54:14 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz) wrote:

Great, great post.

Thank you. I'm better some days than others....

Old March 21st 04, 06:44 AM
Dr. Sooz

Thank you. I'm better some days than others....
Barbara

SMOOCH
~~
Sooz