Yeah! Some help w/ sanding!

Old April 18th 05, 12:21 AM
C Ryman

What kind of stainless steel workbench did you get? I've been looking for
something very heat resistant to put on my saw horses.
--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

The same friend also found me a small vise for my 'new' work bench, for
just a few bucks, at an old hardware store in the neighborhood! He may be
an ex-boyfriend but he's still handy to have around! After getting the
stainless steel workbench for $15 and now the Dremel and vise I would have
to say this has just been a good month for good deals! Makes the clay
'mistakes' easier to take!

A rock tumbler is next on my list as well! I've posted a message on our
local FreeCycle group but no replies yet!

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113

Old April 18th 05, 02:47 AM
Polly S.

Jackdaw wrote:

I have a Dremel I got awhile ago for another project.
Hmm..........
It has some strange odds and sods tucked in the kit that came with it. I
must try to find the "Polymer Clay Burnishing Whatsit"
Or ask here.

lol But then you'll just get sent he
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/to...rksurfaces.htm

I like the idea of clamping the Dremel into a vise to free up both hands
and the suggestions for making buffing wheels... using everything from
sweatshirt material to blue jeans! Didn't manage to get any bits
today... hopefully tomorrow. I can't wait to start sanding, buffing etc!!!

(odds and sods... I haven't heard that one in many many years!)

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 18th 05, 02:59 AM
Polly S.

C Ryman wrote:
What kind of stainless steel workbench did you get? I've been looking for
something very heat resistant to put on my saw horses.

Its a used 5' x 30" stainless steel restaurant prep table. Definitely
heat resistant, tough and really easy to clean.

My neighbor had a yard full of restaurant equipment that came and went
(sold) in a few days. He looked a bit frustrated one day moving this
last one around (to mow) so I sweet-talked my daughter into asking him
to make us a good deal! It came with a 12" deep upper unit, w/ 2
shelves, that attaches to rear of table top but unfortunately no
hardware for that... yet! The price was so low I gave him a
carnelian and silver bali necklace for his wife!!!

This is a really sturdy table with a lower shelf and I have to admit to
being a LOT more productive since getting it. I've attached my pasta
machine and small vice to it and its perfect! The only negative thing is
that it's only possible location is directly under an air conditioner...
when it is 'on' I hear nothing else! But maybe thats a good thing!

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 18th 05, 07:13 AM
Jackdaw

"Polly S." wrote in message
Jackdaw wrote:

snip

lol But then you'll just get sent he
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/to...rksurfaces.htm

I like the idea of clamping the Dremel into a vise to free up both hands
and the suggestions for making buffing wheels... using everything from
sweatshirt material to blue jeans! Didn't manage to get any bits today...
hopefully tomorrow. I can't wait to start sanding, buffing etc!!!

(odds and sods... I haven't heard that one in many many years!)

--
Polly

Thanks for the link Polly, very useful.

--
Jackdaw collector of junk, trivia and bright twinkly things.

Old April 18th 05, 03:27 PM
C Ryman

That sounds awesome; what a great deal.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Yeah, nice. Al Kyder Glass 15 September 27th 04 04:03 AM
oh yeah..... [email protected] Yarn 11 May 26th 04 07:38 AM
Flex-I-Grit Sanding Film Irwin Polymer Clay 4 December 5th 03 01:53 AM
more Dear Jane blocks finished - Yeah! Medium Gnome Quilting 5 October 3rd 03 03:59 PM
"Buying" fabric ... yeah ... Donna in Idaho Quilting 4 July 12th 03 06:27 PM