More MeSue news

Old October 14th 03, 02:17 PM
Karen Williams Johnson

Default More MeSue news

Everybody,

Sue/MeSue would probably be pretty ticked off that news of her passing
leaked out before she was ready ... I say that with deepest affection
for her and a lot of laughter, because she'd be the first to make fun
of her own need to control everything, down to the details of her
memorial service, where she wanted her fabric and quilting stuff to
go, etc. She dictated the announcement of her passing to rctq to her
mother about a week ago, and her mother is going to give it to me
later today to post it to y'all.

But I did want to get this news out now, for any SoCal rctq folk who'd
like to be the The memorial service will be on Sunday, 10/18, at
5:00 pm in Church of the Hills in Forest Lawn -- the Forest Lawn
that's adjacent to Griffith Park, off of the 134 freeway.

I'll leave all the other news up to Dorothy, Sue's mother, and will
post it later today.
Karen Johnson

http://home.socal.rr.com/kjquilts/
Old October 14th 03, 03:40 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Good to see you, Karen.
And nice to have you back here anytime you can make it.
Sue's husband wanted us to know about Sue, and did,
not waiting for his mother-in-law's post. ;-) ,
and we are most anxious to respond to him and her many friends,
reaching out with love and support; and I know we look forward
to Sue's last words to us.
Good luck w/ your house sale, good luck w/ your travels,
and please come home safely soon, and get back into this crowd.
We've missed you.
Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 14th 03, 05:29 PM
Queen of Squishies

Thank you, Karen. Thank you so much.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 15th 03, 08:29 AM
Gloria

So very sad to hear of Mesue's passing my heart goes out to Mesue's family
especially those closest Hubby Jeff, Mum Dorothy and little Queen feel for
her so much losing her dear Mummy who cared for her so lovingly, with
deepest sympathy take comfort in all your special memories and know that
many people share your sadness thinking of you all with heartfelt especially
gentle hugs from Gloria in Essex UK

Old October 15th 03, 02:36 PM
Karen Williams Johnson

Ragmop,

Oh, you betcha! (about y'all wanting to respond to him.) I hope I
didn't sound like I thought it was a bad thing that the news got
posted -- because, of course, Sue had given Jeff the list of people
who were supposed to be called or emailed when the time came. I
really meant the comment as a loving memory of Sue; the last day I got
to spend with her (we went fabric shopping, of course, in spite of the
fact she was in a wheelchair), she was laughing about her need to
control absolutely everything concerning her illness and death.

Anyway, you'll see that I also posted today the note from Dorothy,
Sue's mother. I hope that anyone who wants to offer condolences will
do so directly to Dorothy at the email address I gave out (Dancing
). The truth is that Dorothy was the person who was
Sue's rock, who was there wth unfailing devotion, who cooked and
cleaned and dealt with all the practical issues, who dealt with
hospice and medications, and who was sleeping on the floor next to
Sue's bed during the last night. Any thoughts for Dorothy, or for
Sue's siblings, need to go directly to Dorothy; Jeff isn't the kind of
guy who'd remember to pass on anything that's sent to him (and who
would have the presence of mind at a time like this, huh?)

"See" you in a couple of weeks, when I get back from Kentucky ... and
hope to have visited Paducah, so I'll actually have something
quilting-related to say for the first time in a few years!

Missed you,

Old October 15th 03, 04:38 PM
Pat in Virginia

Karen:
Nah ... didn't sound like a complaint. Actually I think Sue would
crack up about all these explanations! Geez Louize, I do miss
that gal!
PAT

Old October 15th 03, 11:59 PM
AliceW

When you think about it, she gave us Karen back!

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old October 16th 03, 01:09 AM
Sharon Harper

Karen wrote on a different post that if we would like to send condolences
through to Sue's mum Dorothy we could at the email address she gave in the
post. I tried doing that earlier this morning and was just sent a "mail
delivery failure" that said my email was rejected because dancing dorothy
was not accepting mail from my email address.

My thoughts and love go to her, obviously now through RCTQ, rather than
directly in an email.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old October 16th 03, 02:09 AM
Karen Williams Johnson

Sharon,

Karen wrote on a different post that if we would like to send condolences
through to Sue's mum Dorothy we could at the email address she gave in the
post. I tried doing that earlier this morning and was just sent a "mail
delivery failure" that said my email was rejected because dancing dorothy
was not accepting mail from my email address.

You're not the only person who has had that problem. I am completely
flummoxed by it. I suspect another nefarious plot by AOL ... (I'm
thinking of the time my ISP unilaterally decided to reject any and all
email from my husband's business ISP, which forwarded all our email to
our home computers ... it's not a good thing when the computers start
thinking for themselves, is it?)

I'll email Dorothy and let her know something is going on, and that
several people haven't been able to get through to her but are sending
her good wishes. Maybe she's got some kind of filter thing going on
-- although I doubt she'll want to worry about it right now. But
she'll appreciate the thoughts.

Thanks so much,

Old October 16th 03, 07:00 AM
Sharon Harper

Thanks Karen - I'm not angry, frustrated or worried - just sad that my note
couldn't get through. I'm sure Dorothy knows that we are all thinking of
her, Jeff and the Queen. I'd just written thanking her for bringing such a
wonderful woman into the world and offering my help and love.