OT. Anyone on the South Beach diet?

Old October 14th 03, 06:28 AM
Carol Wolfe

Default OT. Anyone on the South Beach diet?

Any pros or cons? Any success stories? Can't have chocolate but you can
have red wine. Guess I can still quilt!!!!!!!! HAHA Hugs to all,
Carol

Old October 14th 03, 03:33 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Between quilting stints, I'm learning this book. g
You CAN have chocolate. There's not much you can't have
except the garbage that you shouldn't have anyway. g
Get a copy of the book; it explains the whys and wherefores,
lots of details, and it's an easy read. There is an on-line offering
of recipes and support groups for about $30 a month, but the
book can be found on sale for less than $20 and will last forever.
I don't support or denounce the plan. I'm just quilting. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 14th 03, 04:10 PM
Medium Gnome

Never tried it. I do know that you can have chocolate AND red wine if you
follow Weight Watcher's plan. Nothing is restricted with W.W.

Yvette (now fit and proud owner of a 24 BMI).

Old October 14th 03, 05:46 PM
nana2b

I have a friend that was diagnosed with Diabetes. She has been on the South
Beach diet for almost 2 months now and her sugars are back to normal. She
has lost some weight and feels so much better. The carb thing is the secret
to lower blood sugar.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 14th 03, 06:39 PM
Diana Curtis

And with Covert Baileys thoughts on food and health we find there are no
evil foods.. or miracle weight loss methods... Fit or Fat is his book and a
great eye opener. I dont know if his methods explain why some people cant
loose weight no matter what until they go low carb...
Whatever works, eh?
Diana, who does not *do* diets and who thinks every effort to loose weight
should include chocolate or other calorie intensive treat. :-)

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 14th 03, 10:14 PM
Carol Wolfe

Me too Ragmop, just quilting and reading the book when the finger wear
out. Thanks for the reply. Hugs, Carol

Old October 14th 03, 10:18 PM
Carol Wolfe

Think I and DH are going to give it a try. Will let you know how it
goes. I "do" do diets!!!!!! Have tried them all so why not one more?
HAHA Only thing that remains stable in my life are my quilts!!!! Hugs
and nimble fingers to all. Carol

Old October 14th 03, 11:30 PM
LC aka Fiddy

South Beach Diet is an unfortunate name for a very sound medically researched
eating plan. I've been on it since August 20, and have lost 16 lbs. It's a
very sensible way to eat, and was written by a cardiologist to defeat the
glucose/insulin cycle problem that many obese people have. Don't dismiss it as
a "fad" diet or "unhealthy" unless you've read the book carefully. I was
educated in the area of science, and don't deal with "fad" anything in the way
of health. Show me proof and studies and science.

Oh, and show me a smaller pant size, I'm liking that too...
Old October 16th 03, 01:45 PM
Martha in IN

DH and I have been on this about 6 weeks. It is fairly easy, especially
after the first two weeks. Weight loss has not been as rapid as advertised
g but the most important part is that DH's blood sugar is now hovering in
the 115-125 range instead of 200+. I still have a sweet tooth and sometimes
would do almost anything for a candy bar.G
Martha