I HATE This *((**&&*%&^ laptop!!!

Old July 28th 11, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default I HATE This *((**&&*%&^ laptop!!!

On 7/27/11 8:28 PM, in article , "Michelle G."
wrote:

I've worked with computers for over 40 yrs (makes me very old) and they can
still aggravate me sometimes.
To solve your problems,
1. Contact your internet service provider, Frontier. Demand that they come
to your home to set up your email. Demand nicely, but firmly.
2. Ask them about a nice young person that would come sit down with you and
tutor you on the things you're having problems with. Or, contact the local
high school, I know there are smart, nice, young people there who would like
to help. Or the local college.

Excellent suggestions. I'd add one thing - Mary, honestly, I do believe
that you should offer to pay someone to come and help you. So they'll be
professional - even if a college kid - and not just get impatient or leave
you hanging. With all the aggro you seem to have, it has to be worth it.

Best of luck to you, if I lived closer, I'd be right there to help.
Michelle G.

Tons of us in that same boat....but sometimes I think it's better to get a
knowledgeable stranger who won't have the friend/relative frustration factor
going.

Hope it sorts out.
Ellice

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Well, not really the laptop but not having my "regular" AOL!!! Time
for another rant -- LOLOL! I *still* haven['t gotten around to
finding someone to help me figure out all the new computer problems.
I'm still accessing AOL using Internet Explorer -- that's how I get &
send my e-mail. I've had to have DH e-mail me all my favourite places
links and then I saved them to the fav places on IE. I'm ****ed off
because I can't figure out how to send a link in an e-mail. With my
"regular" AOL, I just click and drag from my Fav Paces to my e-mail.
With the way I am having to acces my mail, I can't get to the fav
places on IE and put what I want into an AOL e-mail!
I really don't mind learning to do something new but it ***would***
be nice if I had directions! This is just another reason why I don't
want to change things when it comes to the computer! Most of the
time there are no directions when something is changed. If there are
directions, they are so mixed up that it is almost impossible for a
non-techie (that means MOI) to decipher! VBS -- just another thing
to deal with. I absolutely MUST find someone to help me figure out
how to do stuff and fix my computer problems. There is a Radio Shack
(this little town is moving right int the 21st century) up here so I
think that might be a place to start. If THEY don't know anyone who
"does" computer stuff, I'll have to find someone "in town". OK --
rant over. Time to go vacumn the bedroom with my NEW canister vac!!!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

HELP HELP HELP That **(&&^%$ laptop Tia Mary Needlework 6 May 17th 11 12:19 PM
EQ6 & Laptop Pat in Virginia Quilting 6 February 8th 10 01:53 AM
earn by click here &&&&********&&&&&& [email protected] Yarn 1 January 19th 08 10:32 AM
Custom Apparel, T-Shirts, for Baby & Kids, Men & Women buraaq Sewing 1 May 15th 07 03:27 PM
AD: Scottcrew Candle & Soap Supply - SILICONE Molds, Supplies & More! scottcrew Marketplace 0 January 31st 07 01:57 PM