Posting to other countries

Old May 22nd 04, 09:20 AM
Kandice Seeber

Hahahahha HAHAHA!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
http://www.lampwork.net

Hey Kandice? I've got this third cousin, twice removed in

Nigeria.......and
she'd love to have some encased florals.....about 100 12 inch strands of

them.
Think I could get an estimate for her? She'll want to know before she

goes off
to use her credit card elsewhere. grin

Still won't ship to Nigeria, though.

--
Kandice Seeber

Old May 22nd 04, 11:01 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

I agree - it's relatively cheap to mail beads to the UK and other

countries.
The only problem is that people who buy international sometimes have to

pay
a duty tax ...I ship international. Except to
Nigeria. LOL

They don't know what they're missing!

I don't mind paying customs on items, it's part of the cost of doing
business really, and in eight years over here I've only had two parcels
assessed for duties.

-Su

Old May 22nd 04, 11:01 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

I won't lie on a customs form. If the customer doesn't like that, they

can
go somewhere else.

Absolutely. If you run a business then it has to be businesslike.

-Su

Old May 22nd 04, 10:08 PM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

We just fill out the green/white customs form each time, makes life simpler,
do them all alike.
--
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
"starlia" wrote in message
I go inside to the counter. They have always told me if I need a customs
form or not. I'm so confused.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
That's not true. My packages are way less than 6 oz most of the time,

and
they always require the customs form.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

because of the weight of a
package. I know for China it is 6 oz before you have to do the

customs
forms. I have always shipped worldwide.

I've seen so many eBay auctions for beads that only post to the US.

It's
shame as there are people who would buy from various places such as

the
UK
where shipping is as simple as getting a standard-rate envelope from

the
USPS. It's a flat rate for these envelopes, they're sturdy, easy to

use,
no
worries about calculating for beads as the weight isn't a factor.

Customs
declarations can be downloaded and printed so that all you have to

do
is
buy
the envelope and voila! Someone somewhere else in the world is a

happy
camper.

Anyone who only ships to the US is really missing out and so are the
people
who would buy from them.

-Su

Old May 23rd 04, 09:27 PM
Kalera Stratton

I bet they are assuming it's not sold merchandise... if you were just
sending a small package to a friend, you would not need to do the
customs form.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 24th 04, 08:50 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - when the whole town is on lunch break! Same here. Right before
5pm, too.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]If you ship internationally from the US, you usually need to go to the

post
]office, because they require a customs form. But those are easy to fill

out.
]I am lucky - my post office is 3 minutes away, and I live in a small

town,
]so there is never any line. Plus, they know me, so I never have a hard

time
]with anything.

seconded. an advantage to living in a small town. the only time my
hometown PO is busy is from noon - 1:00.

@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.