Help please

Old March 13th 05, 03:31 PM
Diana Curtis

Youre welcome. Youre another rennaisance woman. Frugal and inventice. Much
like myself I suspect. Im glad we are the way we are.
No mini mask swap for me ... but signing up for a newsletter sounds like a
good thing. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with your website next!
Diana

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
awwww, Diana! Thank you again!! I like being an "encourager" best--to my

own
way of thinking I'm not really a "teacher" or even an "artist" so much as

really good encourager of interesting groupings, a manipulator of much or
little--whether its polymer, fabric, food, words or people, or other

stuff--
and I'm also one who pays attention to How That Works Out, which makes me

sorta-scientist, since I DO often write it down....
Thats also how I learned html and how to do pages. I didnt know anything

at
all when I started, which I think is often a very good way to begin, and I
just keep messing around till I get a grouping of images and words I like.
Read all the help files, poke buttons that seem like they might have
something to do with anything, and "save" frequently, thats my method.
(Works with clay too!!) Web pages constantly need changes, of
course--there's always so much to add or fix that it COULD be a full time
job, but then I'd have no claytime at all. However, every time I learn
things about how it works, it makes for new and improved abilities. Now

that
I have broadband non-AOL access, I no longer have to hand upload every
single file individually, so I'll be doing some MAJOR renovations to the
site again. Spring Cleaning!!Most of it will have to do with installing a
shopping cart and making purchases easier. Eventually, live video-feed
classes will happen, but I'm still learning about that. Some pages like

the
book recomendations need updating fiercely---there's lots of new books out
that pertain to claying one way or another!! So look for new things coming
soon--I time the updates to the seasonal changes, and theVernal Equinox is
right around the corner.

(and so is another miniature mask swap, but shhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't say it
too loud. Just send me your address if you want added to the sign-up

mailing
list. ).
SJ

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
The reason I like to point folks to your site is I want to aim them

high.
Let them what poly can do. The Sculpey site has projects on it but tend

not
to go past the very simple designs, and it tends to give the impression

that
childlike projects are all its good for. Now, when a person starts at

your
site they see the heights PC can achieve, and then gives direction how

get there thru the projects, and links to other artists and

informational
sites. I find that to be a great encourager. Yours is a well designed

web
site. I do love a site with content and its easy to navigate. Did you

put
it
together?
Diana

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
Thanks Diana! the URL is
http://www.polyclay.com
Ebay is very snarky about having links to places that are not

Ebay...even
your own site!!! though you are allowed to have one on your "About Me"

page.

Karen, my kids grew up with polymer clay, and had many hours of fun

with
it.
There are projects on my site and do have fun with the links! My boys

made
all sorts of items for their action figures, and there are some

mininaiature
masks my oldest son made on the masks page too. Polymer clay is a

great
medium for all ages and style of interests.
Sarajane

Old March 13th 05, 03:32 PM
Sarajane Helm

awwww, Diana! Thank you again!! I like being an "encourager" best--to my own
way of thinking I'm not really a "teacher" or even an "artist" so much as a
really good encourager of interesting groupings, a manipulator of much or
little--whether its polymer, fabric, food, words or people, or other stuff--
and I'm also one who pays attention to How That Works Out, which makes me a
[...]

site they see the heights PC can achieve, and then gives direction how to

Old March 13th 05, 04:50 PM
Polly S.

Diana Curtis wrote:
And I thought I would primarily sculpt, and sometimes I still do, but now I
am curious, what direction do you think your poly is taking you?

Not sure. I've sculpted a few small pieces (African mask pendant for my
mom and some small 'characters'). I find myself 'copying' things that I
see or objects that I have around in spirit but with my own spin, if
that makes sense. The other day I was on my way to the store and saw
'stuff' on the sidewalk! Sidewalk shopping!!! Anyway, amongst the junk,
someone had thrown away a perfectly good wooden cane and a small wood
framed mirror. My mom collects (and uses) canes so I'm thinking about
wrapping the curved handle in leather and covering the rest in clay,
maybe decorated with one of the canes I got from Ilysa. A cane cane! The
mirror though, I keep 'seeing' sort of over-decorated, maybe whimsical,
maybe geometric... we'll see what happens! =)

Uber Enabler.

And darn good at it, too! hehehe

ok, that was a lot of typing and still didn't answer your question! I've
been having a hard time with asthma and exhaustion and was going to lurk
awhile on all the ngs and groups... take a break. But I guess I need to
learn how to write less!!!

--
Polly
---
Old March 13th 05, 06:49 PM
Diana Curtis

Write less? well.. if you wish, but this group has been needing some posts
lately. Yours are very welcome to come across.
It sounds like youre having oodles of fun exploring clay. I dont know that
its important to find a niche as it is to have fun and explore what you find
interesting to interpet.
What was the question? lol
Diana