wrapping prezzies and other uses for fabric :))

Old August 30th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default wrapping prezzies and other uses for fabric :))

http://www.env.go.jp/en/focus/attach/060403-5.html

http://ravengrrl.blogspot.com/2006/1...furoshiki.html

have a look when you've time and tell us what you think about this use of
fabric.
hmmmmmm
jeanne

Old August 30th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

I think they are just beautiful. I would be very selective to whom I gave
it. In fact I think I would be the only one to give it too! lol

Old August 30th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Estelle:
Right you are! I'd only use that for gifts for DH, so
the fabric would not leave the house. It would also be
nice for a gift for a special quilting friend too, of
course. Thanks to Jeanne for the links.
PAT

Old August 30th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

http://ravengrrl.blogspot.com/2006/1...d-in-furoshiki....

have a look when you've time and tell us what you think about this use of
fabric.
hmmmmmm
jeanne

That is very interesting. I might try it for a quilter's gift wrap
next time. Thanks for the link. Debra in Idaho

Old August 30th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Oh, that is just beautiful! I think everyone should wrap lovely gifts and
send them to me to be critiqued on beauty and originality. Lovely boxes of
chocolate and fine wines will get special recognition. ~hehehe~ I've
picked up some lovely scarves at garage sales for no other reason than they
were really lovely and I figured I could use them for *something*........I
think I just figured out what the something is

Val

Old August 30th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"nzlstar*" wrote in message

I think the Japanese people have such a gift (ha) for making everyday items
beautiful. Such attention to detail.

I wish I had better access to their craft books. And if I spoke Japanese,
that would help too.

Cindy

Old August 30th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

i've used fabric to wrap family xmas prezzies.
i decided my fabric was much prettier than any paper on the market and i
could recycle it.
making sure i got it all back at the end of the day, lol.
no one else would know what to do with all that beeeeoooooooooooitful
fabric.
although i didnt 'wrap' them nearly as nice as this.
next time i'll know better, lol.

i like how they made a simple square of fabric into a bag just by knotting
the corners.
very clever indeed.
jeanne

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote...

Old August 30th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

nzlstar* wrote:
http://www.env.go.jp/en/focus/attach/060403-5.html

http://ravengrrl.blogspot.com/2006/1...furoshiki.html

have a look when you've time and tell us what you think about this use of
fabric.
hmmmmmm
jeanne

I did wonder about the suggestion that you wrap groceries in one. Just
wonder what the reaction would be at my local supermarket if I produced
a tablecloth size piece of fabric and proceeded to wrap my purchases in it!

I do try to avoid plastic bags, but use homemade cotton bags instead,
not a 'tablecloth'!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old August 30th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

i guess it would depend on how much you had to carry and the size of fabric
square you brought with you.
i'd love the reaction from the checkout and packing people, lol.
jeanne

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

Old August 30th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Pat, you have my address.
...and my number. g

R/Sandy

OT wrapping in fabric Taria Quilting 5 August 9th 07 02:16 PM
AD- New Wire Wrapping DVD!!! JewelryArtist Beads 0 May 16th 06 09:51 AM
Wire wrapping Christina Peterson Beads 8 December 17th 03 11:19 PM
Wire Wrapping Tip...Sob... Beadbimbo Beads 12 September 18th 03 07:19 AM