Help regarding picture to pattern software.

Old September 1st 04, 09:39 PM
F.James Cripwell

Default Help regarding picture to pattern software.

I am asking the help of any rctners who use picture to pattern
software, other than Pattern Maker, which I have. First a little
background. For years I have wanted to do THE experiment. Get lots of
people to take lots of patterns, calculate how much floss of each colour is
required according to a formula I am developing, make up a kit, and
stitch the pattern. Then I could find out how close I came with the
calculations. Until very recently this dream was so far off my radar
screen, that I had stopped thinking about it. Now, all of a sudden, it
might just be only over the horizon.
However, there is one sine qua non that I must have. I must be able
to translate patterns in the picture to pattern software, into inputs that
can be read by spread sheets. The formats for the pattern making software
are all secret, so there is no way anyone can write a program to open
them. However, the program to do what I want after the file is open, is
utterly trivial.
I wrote to Scott Horton of Hobbyware, the owners of Pattern Maker, and
to say the least he was uncooperative. What I thought I would do is to
write similar letters to other software producers, and see if they might
be more helpful. I believe the guy for PCStitch is named something like
David Peterson.
The help I am requesting is for any rctner who has such software to
write to me giving the email address of the company. You can post in on
rctn if you like, but I doubt if anyone else is interested. I know I
could Google this, but I am not very good at that. TIA.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old September 1st 04, 11:00 PM
Julie in Hondo

Jim,

PC Stitch does not show an email or even a web address.
Snail mail is
M&R Technologies
PO Box 9403
Wright Bros. Ranch