Double Wedding ring

Old April 9th 12, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle Jolley

Default Double Wedding ring

Hi,

I used to lurk and sometimes post when we lived in Canada, ten years ago!!!
Now back in the U.K and working full time, so only have a little time read
what you are all up to.

I had a question, which I am sure you will have someanswers to, which is
what patterns, templates or easy method do you use for the double wedding
ring pattern??? I want to make a blue and white one, and seem to remember
people using John Flynn's method.

Thanks
Michelle Jolley

Old April 9th 12, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Hi there Michelle, welcome back. Here is a link to a paper pieced pattern
online:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte....html?idx=6913

I can highly recommend the Shar Jorgensen templates:
http://www.qheartland.com/pd_double.cfm

I used those for a DWR that went together really easily and fairly quickly
for the
type of quilt.
HTH, Taria

Old April 9th 12, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle Jolley

Thanks Taria,

I will have a look at both of those methods.

Michelle

Old April 9th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Welcome back and hope to see you often!
Barbara
"Michelle Jolley"

Old April 10th 12, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Hi Michelle

I have to say the inklingo method (http://www.inklingo.com/). Nothing beats those fine lines directly printed onto your fabric. Accuracy to the max.

Claudia

Old April 10th 12, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I like Shar Jorgensen's templates too. IIRC they come in 2 sizes -my
set is the smaller one because it fits my usual scraps. And it went
together with no problems. The set includes a "super template", an arc
big enough to slice into the smaller pieces, for using virgin yardage
and cutting a lot of pieces quickly.
Roberta in D

Old April 11th 12, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Another vote for Shar's templates.
The first I used were in the John Flynn set; thin, cheap, and a couple
of them broke; back then, his set didn't include finishing instructions.
Got my set from Shar when she demo'ed at our guild; still my faves.

http://www.qheartland.com/

http://www.qheartland.com/pd_double.cfm

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy - working on a large Friendship Star (commissioned)