Knitters Poll: Handcrafted?

Old February 1st 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Knitters Poll: Handcrafted?

Do you do anything to allow people to readily identify your knit items as
handmade? I.e., labels, owner initials, etc.?

When you see an interesting knit object, what do you look for in determining
whether the object is hand knit? Or, the product of a factory? Or, a one of
a kind piece by a craftsperson? Or, the product of a "hand knitting
factory" in India or China?

Aaron

Old February 1st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message
. net...
Do you do anything to allow people to readily identify your knit items as
handmade? I.e., labels, owner initials, etc.?

When you see an interesting knit object, what do you look for in
determining
whether the object is hand knit? Or, the product of a factory? Or, a one
of
a kind piece by a craftsperson? Or, the product of a "hand knitting
factory" in India or China?

Aaron

Aaron, I always include a certificate of authenticity, with 'care'
instructions for my hand-crafts.
Noreen

Old February 1st 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
wrote:
Do you do anything to allow people to readily identify your knit items as
handmade? I.e., labels, owner initials, etc.?

When you see an interesting knit object, what do you look for in determining
whether the object is hand knit? Or, the product of a factory? Or, a one of
a kind piece by a craftsperson? Or, the product of a "hand knitting
factory" in India or China?

I remember seeing the very specific labels used in the UK when I was
over there. The tags specified everything. "Scottish wool spun and
dyed in Scotland, hand-woven in Northumberland in a Scottish tartan", etc.

I look for similarly specific details to tell me where something was made.
Another big hint is price. A third is quality of finish work. The back
of a piece can tell me a lot.

=Tamar
Old February 2nd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

By law , here any clothing item sold should habve a tag with content,
of material , care instructions and land of origin ,, But we also know
that a lot of Fake stuff is being sold,,,
Thus i have to rely on my feeling ,, man made content makes me have a
bad feeling imiidiately , the brush , the static electricity etc,,,
Shop keepers don`t believe their eyes , sometimes they say to me it is
100% wool , i touch and say ,, yes + 10 % acrylic mm they check the
label and are amazed ....
My own knits i don`t make in factory quantity , thus when i give a
present i add one of the paper rings of the original wool if i still
have it , if not i write a little card with info,,,,
mirjam

Old February 3rd 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have embroidered labels that says, handspun for you by others say hand
crafted by etc

Cheers.....Cher
. net...

Old March 6th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Just this last Christmas my DM got me labels that say "Hand Knit by Jenn"
with a ball of yarn w/knitting needles through it.
They will be used for the first time on a sweater I made for my cousin's
baby daughter, Lucy, due to arrive sometime mid-to-late March. Shower is on
Super Bowl Sunday (yuck!)

JJMolvik

. net...

Knitter's POLL The YarnWright Yarn 85 March 9th 06 05:23 AM
Knitter's Review website Rusty1215 Yarn 19 September 20th 04 02:22 PM
Kinda AD - Bead Shape Poll Kandice Seeber Beads 5 May 24th 04 04:24 AM
Knitter's meeting Shillelagh Yarn 3 November 15th 03 05:47 AM