OT - Marmite

Old January 20th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

Default OT - Marmite

A very nice lady I know who lives in N.S. sent me a lovely package
today. Marmite!!! Holy crap, it has got to be the most foul tasting,
gut wrenching, disgusting thing I ever tasted. I'd rather lick an old
boot. No wonder you guys came to America - to get some decent food.
Barf I think the husband might be able to use it to grease up his
snow blower. I had to swallow a whole extra glass of red wine to get
rid of the taste - woe is me!! :-))

Sharon (N.B.)
Old January 20th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Sharon" wrote in message
A very nice lady I know who lives in N.S. sent me a lovely package
today. Marmite!!! Holy crap, it has got to be the most foul tasting,
gut wrenching, disgusting thing I ever tasted. I'd rather lick an old
boot. No wonder you guys came to America - to get some decent food.
Barf I think the husband might be able to use it to grease up his
snow blower. I had to swallow a whole extra glass of red wine to get
rid of the taste - woe is me!! :-))

Sharon (N.B.)

Boy, were you brave. I had no desire to taste that goop.

Old January 20th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Sharon wrote:
A very nice lady I know who lives in N.S. sent me a lovely package
today. Marmite!!! Holy crap, it has got to be the most foul tasting,
gut wrenching, disgusting thing I ever tasted. I'd rather lick an old
boot. No wonder you guys came to America - to get some decent food.
Barf I think the husband might be able to use it to grease up his
snow blower. I had to swallow a whole extra glass of red wine to get
rid of the taste - woe is me!! :-))

Sharon (N.B.)

Well, am I disappointed!!! I thought you NB babes had good taste;
obviously I was misinformed.

Gill
Old January 20th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

On Jan 20, 6:02*pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
Sharon wrote:
A very nice lady I know who lives in N.S. sent me a lovely package
today. *Marmite!!! *Holy crap, it has got to be the most foul tasting,
gut wrenching, disgusting thing I ever tasted. *I'd rather lick an old
boot. *No wonder you guys came to America - to get some decent food.
Barf *I think the husband might be able to use it to grease up his
snow blower. *I had to swallow a whole extra glass of red wine to get
rid of the taste - woe is me!! *:-))

Sharon (N.B.)

Well, am I disappointed!!! I thought you NB babes had good taste;
obviously I was misinformed.

Gill

I think Lucille described it to a *T* ... GOOP. It looks like motor
oil and tastes worse (well you know what I mean). :-) My husband is
like 'Mikey' - he'll eat anything ... but one taste of that was enough
for him. He can't believe a human would eat that stuff. And you
spread that on bread like peanut butter?

Sharon (N.B.)
Old January 20th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Sharon wrote:
[...]

Not such a good idea to compare it to peanut butter. One of my faves, but
off the menu until the FDA says it's all clear. There's been a salmonella
outbreak that's been traced to products made with peanut paste. So far they
say jars of peanut butter off the shelf are fine, but I'm not sure I want to
test that.

Old January 20th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Sharon wrote:
[...]

Since the plant under suspicion only makes PB for further processing, I
refuse to worry about it. Besides, I'm the only one in the house that eats
it.

Old January 20th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Sharon wrote:
A very nice lady I know who lives in N.S. sent me a lovely package
today. Marmite!!! Holy crap, it has got to be the most foul tasting,
gut wrenching, disgusting thing I ever tasted. I'd rather lick an old
boot. No wonder you guys came to America - to get some decent food.
Barf I think the husband might be able to use it to grease up his
snow blower. I had to swallow a whole extra glass of red wine to get
rid of the taste - woe is me!! :-))

Sharon (N.B.)

And this from a resident of a country that gave the world "grits".
You're not supposed to eat Marmite by the spoonful! It's meant to be
spread VERY thinly on hot, buttered crumpets and slowly savoured.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old January 20th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Sharon wrote:
[...]

I know the jarred stuff is supposed to be fine. I love it and my favorites
is good, old fashioned, not the healthiest, Skippy Chunky. I also have a
sealed package of Nutter Butter cookies. I emailed Nabisco and got back an
answer the next morning stating they weren't involved in the recall at all
and don't use any products from that company. She stated unequivocally that
their products both here and in Canada were okay to eat but since I'm having
a UTI for a change (I get them every so often) I figure it's best to wait
with eating peanut butter.

Old January 20th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message ...
Sharon wrote:
[...]

Do you suppose if we would call it Polenta, or Farina, it would please your
palate any better? It truly is almost identical.