So what will today bring

Old January 30th 09, 06:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default So what will today bring

Ho-hum, another January day in Paradise. 62 today, even warmer the rest
of the week. gloat

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

http://my2.tupperware.com/KMCampbell

"On his tombstone, Benjamin Franklin wanted it said not that he had been
rich
but rather that he had been useful."

Finished 1/4/09 - BFF/Best Friends Forever (Bucilla)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old January 30th 09, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/30/09 6:44 AM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:18:03 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

On 1/30/09 1:20 AM, in article , "Karen C
in California" wrote:

Ho-hum, another January day in Paradise. 62 today, even warmer the rest
of the week. gloat

Sigh!

I've been so close to just saying "I need a break" getting in the car and
heading for the airport.

Hey Cheryl ! At least we can take comfort from the fact that we are
unlikely to get a ginormous earthquake, snow, ice or freezing rain,
I'll take that willingly over that ! ~ "gloating" here of course !

I'd go for that. Goes with why I don't really want to lice in California -
as I'm convinced it will fall into the ocean any day now. I can deal with
hurricanes - as in FLA.

FWIW - another day, another ice rink on my driveway. DH is reffing high
school tonight - 2 rinks - woo hoo! So, when he left this a.m. It was with
his ref gear bag - which is pretty hefty (though not as bad as his goalie
bag). I went out to the garage with him, watched him slide down to open the
door, put his work stuff in the car, pop the trunk, go get the paper -
wheeee - then come back for gear bag. I said - why don't I just slide it to
you - his response - it'll end up in the street! Fortunately, no spill, he
got it in the car, and they all slid nicely down the drive. Almost hitting
the across the street neighbors trash can (out for pick-up). It was 25 in
DC, and about 18 F here at the house when we were doing this. At least he
finally took gloves & a hat (refusing scarf for closer to 0).

Hoping to get out later this afternoon - without falling on my face or too
generous behind.

Ellice - not really moping about the weather - lets me feel justified
running the fireplace, and setting next to it while stitching.

Old January 30th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

in California" wrote:

[...]

This AM the kids tried using the pile the plow guy leaves at the top of the
drive as the start of a long sled down the driveway.

If I didnąt need the driveway (ok if DH didn't need to come up the drive),
I'd make one heck of run from the top of the heap do the street. The snow
needs a day or two to solidify to make runs on the hills.

Cheryl

Old January 30th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

ellice ) writes:
[...]

Dont you have stuff to put on the driveway to melt the ice? There is, of
course, "salt", calcium chloride. But I use urea; a very high nitrogen
"fertilizer". It is reasonably useless as a fertilizer, but, unlike salt,
it does not damage anything. I always have a bag by my front door once
the snow comes. Jim.

Old January 30th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"F.James Cripwell" wrote ..
ellice ) writes:
[...]

Did your letter carrier leave you a coupon for $2 off any brand of ice
melter?? They were doing that here. The only problem I find is that the
ones I have had don't work when the weather is really cold, the way it has
been here (e.g. -35C) Now it is warming up (-12C) the ice melter works
wonderfully.

Dawne

Old January 30th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/30/09 10:29 AM, "F.James Cripwell" wrote:

ellice ) writes:
[...]

Yes, but we actually ran out of it. Or it's buried in the garage where I
can't find it. I did ask DH to go buy some on his way home, and his
response was "nah - it's not so bad" . I'll pick some up this weekend.

Ellice

Old January 30th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

"Dawne Peterson" ) writes:
Did your letter carrier leave you a coupon for $2 off any brand of ice
melter?? They were doing that here. The only problem I find is that the
ones I have had don't work when the weather is really cold, the way it has
been here (e.g. -35C) Now it is warming up (-12C) the ice melter works
wonderfully.

Dawne

Temperature matters for all "ice melters". Urea only works at quite warm
tempertures (-15 C). This is why our city uses calcium chloride. It
works at much lower temperatures. Jim.

Old January 31st 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Karen C in California wrote:
Ho-hum, another January day in Paradise. 62 today, even warmer the rest
of the week. gloat

Ohhhhhh, ten lashes with wet floss.

It's -15C here this morning. At least it's sunny. Yesterday we had
white outs and blizzard conditions. The DH has to take the car for an
oil change and service, and he said it was white knuckle driving.

I also had a Sears decorator here yesterday measuring for drapes, and
she said it was a terrible drive. She did almost exactly the same drive
as the DH - just in the opposite direction (Belleville to Picton).

Tomorrow we are supposed to be up to +2C, but it's dipping later in the
week with more snow forecast. Once we are done with it, I'll send it on
to Cheryl, Ellice, Sheena and Sharon. (tee hee). Don't have to send it
to Jim - he's got enough bad weather of his own!

MargW

Bring in the clowns John Quilting 10 January 3rd 08 04:24 PM
Always bring your own lighting :-D [email protected] Beads 10 November 30th 06 09:37 PM
Grip to bring the rim in? Bubbles Pottery 16 August 18th 05 02:36 AM
what to bring on vacation Irrational Number Quilting 28 July 13th 04 05:20 PM
Bring up the Rear! Polly Esther Quilting 1 January 4th 04 10:28 AM