"broken" bobbin case

Old October 25th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default "broken" bobbin case

I was trying to get my sewing machines in position so I could use both
(either?) and ended up dumping a bunch of stuff on the floor including
a bobbin case. It sprung open, the two halves falling apart and the
tiny little screw popping out. I have all of the pieces, but now I
need to know if it's possible to put it back together? And how would I
know if it's back together in the right way? I don't want to mess up
my Pfaff experimenting with a wonky bobbin case.

Anybody?

Sunny
Old October 25th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

Sunny,
i have no help on the Pfaff but if you dont get your answer here....
there is a yahoo group that is all about fixing sewing machines yourself.
plenty of members and lots of files and knowledge among the lot of them
there.
lets see if i can find the name of the group for ya to go read about them at
least.
they've nearly 3200 members, lots of files on stuff, links to websites with
more info.
just another place to find help if needed.
cheers,
j.

"Sunny" wrote...

Old October 25th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

What model is it? I have some vintage Pfaff machines....

Can you post a picture of all of the pieces?

-Irene

Old October 25th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

IMHO (of course) a new bobbin case will cost you about $25. Sounds cheap
to me compared to the damage an amateur (if you'll pardon the expression)
repair job could cause. I'd be more likely to try taking out my own
appendix. Polly

Old October 27th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

Oh dear. Sounds like the pieces need to go to the sewing machine technical
person for reassembly. 8 - (

Lenore