"Gonzo" - on topic

Old June 30th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default "Gonzo" - on topic

I was reading the cat page on Diane Gaudynski's web site and she
mentioned success using a product from this company that removed cat
hairs from her quilts, etc. I know that several threads have
discussed this problem in the past - has anyone heard or tried any of
these products? The sponge seems to work on a simple principle of
static electricity. http://www.gonzocorp.com/pet.htm
jennellh (change the mail to news)

Old June 30th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I got one of the sponges from Joann's with a coupon. It has been a while
but it was probably under $5. The thing works great. I would'nt
hesitate to get one.
Last quilt I tossed in the washer came out looking good but I popped it
in the dryer and the lint filter was full of cat hair long before the
quilt was dry. I was trying to figure out how Maki cat had any hair
left on him since there was so much in the filter.
Taria

Old June 30th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thanks, Taria - I shall have to research a Canadian source or remember
to ask someone who's going down to the States. One of my cats leaves
"cotton wool" everywhere she rests - fortunately she prefers a
cardboard tray on the floor but she also likes my knee when she has
the chance.
jennellh

jennellh wrote:
I was reading the cat page on Diane Gaudynski's web site and she
mentioned success using a product from this company that removed cat
hairs from her quilts, etc. I know that several threads have
discussed this problem in the past - has anyone heard or tried any of
these products? The sponge seems to work on a simple principle of
static electricity. http://www.gonzocorp.com/pet.htm
jennellh (change the mail to news)- Hide quoted text -

Old June 30th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Our kitty didn't have a mother to teach him to groom and presumed that it
was part of the service he was entitled to from us. Sweet Pea enjoyed being
brushed several times a day and stalked anybody operating a vacuum cleaner;
oh my how that kitty did love for someone to do the back, front, legs,
whiskers and other parts. We didn't have a problem with Sweet Pea shedding
on anything. I realize that most of you are heaps too busy for all of that
but you really can teach 'some' kitties that brushing and vacuuming feels
good. Polly

ups.com...

Old June 30th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi Polly - it is my sole purpose in life to groom, brush, stroke, chat
with, mollycoddle, nurse, vet and otherwise BE the mother cat in the
household - that is, according to the 3 ladies and 1 male child cat
who live here. When the brush comes out for one of them, the other
three are right there as well. There are brushes and combs and bent
pins of every description in every room from years ago, including my
own once hair brush collection that was essential during my years of
long curly hair. Unfortunately, Lulu, of the cotton ball coat will
deposit herself regardless of the number of grooming sessions she
receives. The other three, Jessie, Katie and Winston want the
treatment because it is their pleasure in life to upstage the others
with the most strokes of the brush or comb.
When I had finished quilting the church quilt, the black backing
fabric was totally covered in Winston kitten hair because he had
'ridden' it while it was being manoevered through the machine and the
tunnels under it was his runway. There are photos of him and his idea
of QI duties on my webshots - he is a year old now but the sewing
machine is still fascinating to him and any fabric that goes under it
is fair game.
When Winston moved in, it was Jessie (who surprised me) by becoming a
mother to him - she showed him the rules of the house and what the
pecking order was - all that is forgotten now because, like most
energetic youngsters, he feels any cat who lived here prior to his
arrival was only here to learn how to service his need to enjoy life.
It's all go, you know!
jennellh (change the mail to news)

On Jun 30, 12:00 am, "Polly Esther"
wrote:
Our kitty didn't have a mother to teach him to groom and presumed that it
was part of the service he was entitled to from us. Sweet Pea enjoyed being
brushed several times a day and stalked anybody operating a vacuum cleaner;
oh my how that kitty did love for someone to do the back, front, legs,
whiskers and other parts. We didn't have a problem with Sweet Pea shedding
on anything. I realize that most of you are heaps too busy for all of that
but you really can teach 'some' kitties that brushing and vacuuming feels
good. Polly

ups.com...

Old July 1st 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Thank you for the reminder. Yes. I remember the tunnels, riding and
runways. Many times I wondered how in the @#! the quilt became so heavy.
Yes. Right. Polly

ups.com...

wrote:
Our kitty didn't have a mother to teach him to groom and presumed that it
was part of the service he was entitled to from us. Sweet Pea enjoyed
being
brushed several times a day and stalked anybody operating a vacuum
cleaner;
oh my how that kitty did love for someone to do the back, front, legs,
whiskers and other parts. We didn't have a problem with Sweet Pea
shedding
on anything. I realize that most of you are heaps too busy for all of
that
but you really can teach 'some' kitties that brushing and vacuuming feels
good. Polly

ups.com...

Old July 1st 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

I also have one of those special sponges, it works well. But, one day
I couldn't find it and I used a regular sponge, it worked almost as
well. I have discovered that when my hands are damp, and I stroke
Pinkee Squeek-a-lotta, her loose, very fine hair, clings to my damp
hands. She is a very large Maine Coon cat and we are always finding
clumps of hair, we call them her kittens, everywhere. Anyway, I also
found that if I dampen an ordinary sponge it works very well.

I've got to do some piecing today, I have a block of the quarter to
finish finish for Thursday's guild meeting.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA