EoPC

Old June 8th 04, 01:00 AM
Georgia

Default EoPC

Maybe Richard was right; apparently this group is far enough below the radar
that no one from the National Guild has posted that EoPC has been cancelled:

From the EoPC discussion board at Polymer Clay Central (and several other
boards):

Dear Polymer Clay Community,
It is with deep regret that the EoPc Conference Coordination Team and
National Polymer Clay Guild Board Members announce the joint decision to
cancel the EoPc event planned for August 8-15, at San Diego State
University, CA.

Due to lower than anticipated enrollment, it has become apparent that it is
fiscally impossible to hold the event without severely compromising the
survival of the National Polymer Clay Guild. After thousands of hours of
volunteerism on behalf of the planning committee, National board members and
generous volunteers, we are saddened to have to make this announcement.

The reasons for the low enrollment figures are varied. Many of these factors
were beyond the control of the planning committee. We have received
considerable feedback that while the interest was there on the part of the
creative community, financial considerations or schedule conflicts prevented
many people from signing up. Several of the committee members polled people
who have attended long-standing conferences and trade shows in the creative
industries this year. We have heard repeatedly that attendance has been down
at most of these shows. Other considerations such as it being an election
year, concerns over travel safety and gasoline prices may have also played a
role in the lack of registrations. More often than not, it is probably a
combination of factors.

It has even been suggested by many, that what many of us view as a
traditional polymer clay conference may be passé and that most clayers seem
to prefer a more relaxed retreat event like Shrinemont.

In spite of these considerations, the planning committee has reflected on
ways we could have been more effective. Valuable lessons on how we would
have done things differently in hindsight may help assure successful
conferences in the future. A few of these include exploring less expensive
venues with more options for food and lodging, changing the focus of the
national guild from a large event to support of smaller more regional
events, publicize early in other media publications, and work with regional
guilds on timing of events so as not to have major conferences held
consecutively. To make better decisions in the future, we welcome any and
all suggestions, so that those volunteers coordinating future conferences
can benefit from all our input.

We will be issuing refunds for money received on or before July 1st.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this has caused
anyone. As far as being disappointed, we totally empathize with you. We
thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

The EoPc Conference Coordination Team: Julie Wise, Pam Pierce (Co-Chairs),
Trina Williams-Publicity, Lisa Pavelka - Special Events, Judy
Belcher-Finance, Karen Burkhardt-Registration, Lee Radtke-Art Shows.

The National Polymer Clay Guild Board: Lee Radtke-President, Carla
Randall-Recording Secretary, Patty Barnes-Corresponding Secretary, Georgia
Sargeant- Local Guilds Liaison, Diane Luftig-Treasurer, Karen Burkhardt-
Web, Karen Scudder-Member at Large from Virginia, Lenora Kandiner-VP for
Membership, Julie Wise-VP for Education & Outreach, Jann Hunt-POLYinforMER
Editor.

The Guild's home page (www.npcg.org) refused connections when I tried to
look for the announcement there.
--

Georgia
http://bead-designs.com/html/newfromstudio.htm

Old June 8th 04, 04:31 PM
Sjpolyclay

Oy!
Thank you for posting this. Its the first I've seen of it.

Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old June 9th 04, 09:39 PM
Diane Villano

Georgia, thanks for posting! Will you be mailing a notice to those without
email or internet access?

Diane Villano
Bead&Button '04 Faculty (Polymer Clay)
Retreat Coordinator, Clay ConneCTion '04, July 23-25
www.scpcg.org

Old June 10th 04, 12:06 AM
Georgia

I am not sure I am even a member of the National Guild, LOL, as the dues
check I sent them in March has not been cashed. But someone from there
posted that message to all the polymer clay groups at Polymer Clay Central,
and I am sure they have notified everyone who did register for the
conference.

Georgia

Old June 11th 04, 09:22 PM
Sherry Bailey

and I am sure they have notified everyone who did register for the
conference.

Georgia

Oh, yeah -- we got our notices that our payments should be returned in
July. Sniffle. EoPC had it's own Delphi discussion forum, and the
Polymer Clay Centeral Delphi forum and the Polymer Clay People forum
on Yahoo all have had discussions posted. It's a shame. But it WAS
pretty expensive, and a lot of people just couldn't afford to go. I
guess a compromise between ideal facilities with great food and
barrier free access and all the bells and whistles must be made with
keeping it cheap. I was looking forward to it...

Sherry Bailey

EOPC Plea Tonja L. Polymer Clay 3 May 27th 04 09:48 PM
Official EoPc '04 Announcement Julie Wise Polymer Clay 0 November 16th 03 06:26 PM