How to kill a gansy

Old April 20th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default How to kill a gansy

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:57:03 GMT, wrote:

The idea was to test the warmth of the garment in white and then in navy.

You'll have to do that in a thermally neutral situation then - no
cheating by sitting in sunbeams in a navy sweater and calling it
"warmer" *g*
Old April 21st 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The rush to dye was so I could wear it in yesterday's rain storm. And, more
rain tomorrow.

Hopefully that will give me the confidence to wear it salmon fishing - and
not take backup gear.

Aaron

news

Old April 21st 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:15:48 GMT, wrote:

The rush to dye was so I could wear it in yesterday's rain storm. And, more
rain tomorrow.

Hopefully that will give me the confidence to wear it salmon fishing - and
not take backup gear.

Oilskins are an acceptable accessory...
Old April 21st 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

skrev i melding
et...
I started another gansey last night from a very soft Scottish yarn
worked
double. On my gansey needles, that gives me only 6spi so it should go
pretty fast, but there are 10 stitch panels each of which have cables
and
diamonds --so may go slow. I am hoping that the gansey will go *much*
faster than the swatch (8.3 spm : - (( If not, there will be
sleepless
nights in June.

Aaron

Aaron,
It sounds lovely!
And I think it always is like that;
we start with a swatch, do the first pattern repeat, and think the work
will never end.
And suddenly we discover that we do the pattern correctly , pretty fast
without thinkeng of what we do.
I am always surprised over what has happened,
but I guess it is what I try to achieve with my pupils in school! LOL!

And IF you get sleepless night, I think you have had less pleasant
sleepless night earlier ;-) Good luck! AUD ;-)

I kill people with lovely beads!!! Ed Zagmoon Beads 3 March 4th 07 06:24 PM
Just kill me -- one piece of eye candy Dr. Sooz Beads 5 June 25th 05 12:29 PM
OT--kill file and ignore maryd Quilting 4 April 24th 05 01:53 AM
Paper can kill! AliceW Quilting 25 January 12th 05 12:29 AM
I guess "60 Minutes II" has its first kill. Rick & LeeAnn Needlework 17 May 31st 04 05:38 AM