Have you tried this?

Old April 8th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Have you tried this?

The quilting going on here has been much too serious. I just quilted Silly
Goose and the tedium of stitching around a zillion flying geese just about
bored me to death.
Next up, I think, needs to be something like what Quiltmaker March April
09 calls 'free' piecing. Free? Yes. I like that. Scrappy too.
Have any of you tried the 'Learn Free Piecing' or 'Wonky Town' ?
Just wondered if any one had given this a try.
www.quiltmaker.com/issues/marchapril2009 Go look. Polly

Old April 8th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Talking to myself but it is expected at my age - be sure to look at Vroom
Vroom too. It is precious. Polly

"Polly Esther" wrote The quilting going on here has been much too serious.

Old April 8th 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dbeitzell

Ok, free piecing looks absolutely fun! I want to try...maybe that
will be one thing on my list of things for me to learn this summer.
I'm planning a summer of interesting indulgences!

And it's really ok to talk to yourself, Polly. Just be warned of the
replies you might receive from yourself. That's when people start
looking at you funny! :-)

Kidlets are doing great. DD turns 5 next week! DS is still growing
like a weed. Might have to have his speech checked if it doesn't
start to clear up in the next six months or so though. But a lot can
happen between now and then!

Hugs,
Dannielle

Old April 8th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Apr 7, 10:44*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
The quilting going on here has been much too serious. *I just quilted Silly
Goose and the tedium of stitching around a zillion flying geese just about
bored me to death.
* * Next up, I think, needs to be something like what Quiltmaker March April
09 calls 'free' piecing. *Free? *Yes. *I like that. Scrappy too.
* * Have any of you tried the 'Learn Free Piecing' or *'Wonky Town' ?
* * Just wondered if any one had given this a try.www.quiltmaker.com/issues/marchapril2009*Go look. *Polly

Hi Polly,

What's the difference, if any, between free piecing [fp] and crazy
quilting [cq]?
One obvious answer might be that fp creates a picture of sorts,
whereas cq doesn't necessarily.
OTOH, I don't see why cq couldn't make a picture (or even a pattern)
of sorts (thinking with my fingers here...)

Old April 8th 09, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257zlhkre
If you look closely at this hodge podge of blocks, you will see some wonky
houses I made. It takes some planning to do this sort of piecing. Like
paper piecing, sometimes the pieces fail to do exactly what you thought.
Especially if you are trying to get a certain size block. And you still
need to sew straight lines, or it won't lie flat. But it certainly gives a
whimsical result that is fun.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 8th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Several years ago this pattern was popular making African huts. I made
several with the idea of using them in a wall hanging with African
fabrics. Of course the huts are still sitting in the UFO box. It was a
fun project but a little hard for a controlling person like myself to
let go and just sew random pieces together.

Susan

Old April 8th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Great, Kathyl. I was wondering what to use for sky besides the obvious.
Somewhere here is a piece with stars - that will be good. Please tell me
that dazzling quilt is finished. You're not letting it languish as a UFO
are you? Polly

Old April 8th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Yeah....it's maturing on the UFO pile. But hey....the blocks were UFO's for
quite some time before that. It's making slow progress! VERY slow.