Knitted Christmas Stocking

Old November 29th 04, 09:02 PM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

Default Knitted Christmas Stocking

Hi

I was shopping today and saw a very simple knit christmas stocking in
a yarn store. The only way to get the pattern was to buy the yarn and
they didn't have the yarn in stock and won't have until the new year.

The stocking was knit in two pieces (front and back) and the toe and
heel were white.

Does anyone know here I could find a very basic christmas stocking. I
have done a google search but haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten
Old November 29th 04, 10:41 PM
Wooly

How about, cast on 60 using worsted yarn, knit until you're tired of
it, then turn a shallow heel and off down the foot? Add whatever
patterning (texture or color) you like.

Old November 30th 04, 12:03 AM
Shillelagh

Darlene
There is a very simple one at Lion Brand from their Chenille and Fur
Go to: http://www.lionbrand.com
and click on Free Patterns: Knitted
It's in the Accessories under Santa Stocking. It's really cute.

Also on http://www.Freepatterns.com they have a couple of stockings listed
under Special Occasions
This site requires you to sign on, so I'm not sure if the following links
will work, but it's free, so it might be worth it for you to sign up.

Here's one
http://tinyurl.com/5xy3d
You need Adobe Acrobat.

Here's another one
http://tinyurl.com/45mda

Another one
http://tinyurl.com/5xv6c

HTH
Shelagh

Old November 30th 04, 04:04 AM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:03:46 -0600, "Shillelagh"
wrote:

Darlene
There is a very simple one at Lion Brand from their Chenille and Fur
Go to: http://www.lionbrand.com
and click on Free Patterns: Knitted
It's in the Accessories under Santa Stocking. It's really cute.

Also on http://www.Freepatterns.com they have a couple of stockings listed
under Special Occasions
This site requires you to sign on, so I'm not sure if the following links
will work, but it's free, so it might be worth it for you to sign up.

Here's one
http://tinyurl.com/5xy3d
You need Adobe Acrobat.

Here's another one
http://tinyurl.com/45mda

Another one
http://tinyurl.com/5xv6c

HTH
Shelagh

Thanks so much for your help. I am going to be looking at these
patterns closely tomorrow and hopefully start one of them.

Take care,

Old December 2nd 04, 06:32 PM
Craftkitten (Darlene)

wrote:

Hi

I was shopping today and saw a very simple knit christmas stocking in
a yarn store. The only way to get the pattern was to buy the yarn and
they didn't have the yarn in stock and won't have until the new year.

The stocking was knit in two pieces (front and back) and the toe and
heel were white.

Does anyone know here I could find a very basic christmas stocking. I
have done a google search but haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

I guess I can say that I am extremely stubborn and determined. Last
night we went back to that yarn store and I got the pattern. No yarn
but the pattern.

This morning I have been knitting and have finished the front of a
green and white socking. Now I think I am going to go for a walk and
pick up some red yarn (none in my stash) so that I can make a red
stocking.

My DH was happy that I finally got the pattern that I wanted and it
feels good knowing that if you ask sometimes things work out.

Old December 9th 04, 03:34 PM
SB

[This followup was posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

e pattern as I am a novice knitter and think I could manage a 2 piece
stocking pattern.
I am sorry that I never met you in person while we lived in Brampton
(moved back to Winnipeg on Nov 15/04) but my dh works in Toronto
regularly... he's there now for a week... so I could maybe send him to
get me the pattern. Since you didn't find an on-line pattern source I
hope you can help me out here.
TIA
holiday hugs
Sue in Wpg

In article ,
says...

wrote:
I was shopping today and saw a very simple knit christmas stocking in
a yarn store. The only way to get the pattern was to buy the yarn and
they didn't have the yarn in stock and won't have until the new year.
The stocking was knit in two pieces (front and back) and the toe and
heel were white. Any help would be appreciated.

Christmas stocking BDS2pds Needlework 9 October 10th 04 01:53 AM
OT - A Dog's Christmas Promises LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 5 December 24th 03 04:14 AM
OLD MCCALLS NEEDLEWORK & CRAFT MAG. PATTERN FOR CHRISTMAS STOCKING (knitted) COLIN KIRKEGAARD DVM,MS Yarn 0 August 30th 03 05:36 PM
Great stocking stuffers for Christmas. See sites new format. Mary General Crafting 0 August 24th 03 12:34 AM
Christmas stocking needlepoint miss grunge Needlework 0 August 19th 03 03:57 AM