Fabric Covered Altoids Box ??

Old November 19th 03, 06:51 AM
Frosty772

Default Fabric Covered Altoids Box ??

Hello everyone

I carry a reticule with me all the time and have a altoids box that I carry my
money in. I would like to cover it with fabric to give it a more historic feel
but have no idea of how to go about covering it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about this ? I would really appreciate
any info. I have seen a few online so I do no its possible at least but no
info on how to do this.

Thanks everyone
Tammy
Old November 19th 03, 07:31 AM
Valkyrie

I'd just glue whatever fabric you wanted on the box, maybe have to sand it a
bit to make sure you get a good grip and then trim it with whatever strikes
your fancy, lace, braid, gimp. I did some web searching and there's a lot of
instruction for covering with polymer clay and decoupage. If it were me I'd
paint it and decoupage pieces of a lacey paper doily onto it to form a nice
pattern. Then maybe put a fancy button or beaded decoration on the top, even
teeny little satin rose buds.

Val

Old November 19th 03, 07:46 AM
Pat

Glue on some velvet, and then go crazy with the trim!!

"Frosty772" wrote in message
Hello everyone

I carry a reticule with me all the time and have a altoids box that I

carry my (clip)

71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
quilt shops in NY Terbear Quilting 8 April 6th 04 08:41 PM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
Fabrics & free shipping on Quanities joan Marketplace 0 December 6th 03 06:12 PM