Unquilting

Old August 12th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Unquilting

Now THAT is talent..........or...........do you have more hands than most of
us................or........ do you have help that you aren't telling us
about?

Butterfly (and are you sharing those Almond M&M's with those of us that sent
help?)

"Sunny" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 11, 10:39 am, Ginger in CA wrote:
I have unquilted several times. And sometimes I have just kept the
quilting and made the piece a QI throw or a kick-around-drag-around
for picnics

We all have to un-quilt sometimes, big or small places. It's just one
of those things.

Sandy is sending chocolate, I can send Good N Plenty!

Ginger in CA
On Aug 10, 10:36 pm, Sunny wrote:

Chocolate??? Chocolate..... is good. I actually have finished this project
with one hand on the SM and the other in a bowl of almond M&Ms. Yum. makes
mistakes totally edible.

Sunny

Old August 12th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

That's the one stitch I have on my 930 Bernina that I absolutely love ...I
could
try it on a sample and see how I like it... I've used it many times when I
could
use a straight stitch but knowing how 'un'straight I can sew the serpentine
is
great in those circumstances. Mary /vt

"Pati C." wrote in message
I use a long serpentine/wavy stitch for a lot of my quilting. G I
generally do it as a grid, and it looks fine. No problems if the line
isn't exactly straight, because the stitching line is wavy. BG
Great for quick quilting of things like 9-patches and such, just aim for
the corners of the squares and go. For me it is a lot faster than
trying to keep a straight line straight.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

MB wrote:
Thanks for that info...I just saw that suggestion this past week and
wondered if I could use my wavy line stitch instead of straight line
on seams...Guess I'll forget it !!...Mary in VT

"Sunny" Woot! I'm feeling better and better! And by the way, there is

book
(I can't remember which one or by what author) who recommends using
one of your "decorative" stitches for quilting in areas where you want
gentle curve lines. Just don't do it. A stitch that looks great over a
few inches or covering a seam line in a crazy quilt will look just
horrendus if you try to use it to make a "gentle c urve" line that
goes from t op to bottom of your quilt.

Hugs and sharper stitch rippers,
Sunny

Old August 12th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

Default paper piece pattern sites

Here's a few to check out:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/M.../patlinks.html

http://www.winnowing.com/patterns.html (bottom of page for free ones)

http://www.piecebynumber.com/pastbom...tm#friendheart

http://quiltiger.homeip.net/ (AWESOME! ..and lots of them)

ME-Judy

"Martha" wrote in message

Would anyone have suggestions for sites to go to for patterns that can
be PP'd? I know about quilterscache already.

Old August 12th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

On one early quilt, I had to remove a complete border
because it rippled ... without eyeglasses yet!
PAT in VA/USA

Sunny wrote:

Ok, I may be the only one who has ever unquilted a vast expanse of a
quilt because of a discovered problem that just couldn't be fixed,
appliqued over, hidden by excessive beading.

But maybe I'm not the only one.

If you've ever unquilted something, I'd love to hear your story. I
promise, I'll never tell a soul.

Sunny

Old August 12th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Woo hoo ... great quilt!
PAT in balmy Virginia

IMS wrote:

Oh, goodness no, you are not the only one.

When I made my 'Oh my, stars!"quilt, http://tinyurl.com/2ca8hl, I found
that one of the 2" squares, which was a star 'point' was oriented
incorrectly. Had to unquilt and unstitch and re-do. Fortunately it was
before binding it.

Thank goodness no shears were nearby... LOL

-Irene in balmy CNY
-------------
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae West

Old August 12th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

Well, I've certainly done a lot of "unpiecing" in my lifetime. The raggy
denim needs unpicking, and I'm procratinating. (I washed the top and some of
the seams frayed so much that now there are no seams) Grr!

--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply
ups.com...

Old August 13th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Join Carol Doak's Yahoo group. She has designed several blocks for the
members.

--
Mary
"Martha" wrote in message
:
: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/M.../patlinks.html
: http://www.winnowing.com/patterns.html (bottom of page for free
ones)
: http://www.piecebynumber.com/pastbom...tm#friendheart
: http://quiltiger.homeip.net/ (AWESOME! ..and lots of them)
:
: These are really nice; thanks!
:
: Martha

Old August 13th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

Also consider joining Carol Doak's group at:

She has created several patterns just for the group. Members display
photos of completed Carol Doak projects, lovely eye candy. There are
also exchanges and round robins to join, if you wish.

Mary
Old August 13th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

BTDT on my last baby quilt. The thread broke on my first diagonal
pass across the quilt, right at the halfway point. I tried to just
re-start from the end of the quilting, but I just wasn't satisfied
with how it looked so I ended up plucking out the whole line of
quilting and starting over.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old August 13th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

I spent a few hours Sat. night removing the free motion quilting I had
started on a quilt. It wasn't going well when I was doing it, and it got
worse. sigh.