Third one done! :)

Old August 10th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Third one done! :)

In article _3Yui.56579$Fc.3407@attbi_s21,
"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote:

No wonder you encouraged me to stick with it if I'm on a roll! You know
first-hand about these things. Nice job!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Thanks, Karen!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 10th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
Dee in Oz wrote:

Thanks Sandy, I thought they looked 'similar but different' lol

Google is playing up again. It tells me that there are 19 posts in
this thread but when I open it there are only 3 showing. Sooooo I am
posting in google and reading in
http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...iles.quilting/

(I know I should be basting a quilt but I hate basting as I can never
get everything taut and end up with major puckers)

Dee in Oz

Good luck getting your groups straightened out, Dee. :S

Old August 10th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Terri wrote:

As lovely as the others.

Thanks, Terri!

You're amazing. All that, company coming, tomato pie and all before
dressing for the day.

LOL! Not quite. I'd finished the quilt the previous night, and I
didn't make the tomato pie until after I'd dressed. Company didn't
arrive until I was in the middle of slicing/seeding tomatoes.

Old August 10th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

They are all beautiful!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Sandy" wrote in message
Last night I finished sewing the label onto the third and last of my
Jennie Rayment quilts from camp. I still think that Tucked-Up Circles
is my favorite of the three, but this one was fun to do, too. It's
called Eight Petals and a Pot (for obvious reasons G), and the pot and
the petals are all "twiddled and fiddled" a bit. The leaves are
dimensional, made of two layers of fabric with batting between and then
satin stitched together before being satin stitched onto the quilt by
means of the "veins". The machine quilting is mostly flowers and leaves.
I've posted pics at http://sandymike.net/fabmanip.html#EightPetals.

My quilting frenzy is now at a temporary end, since DH is on the way
home right now with MIL in tow. They should arrive in a few hours,
giving me just enough time to make dinner and have it cooling (tomato
pie is much better when it's not piping hot G) after I dress for the
day. It's amazing how much I can get done when I have these little
respites from "normal" life.

Old August 10th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Donna in NE La." wrote:

They are all beautiful!