Janome 6125QC

Old August 9th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gothikka

Default Janome 6125QC

Well, after much deliberation, I went ahead and bought a Janome
6125QC. Do any of you talented ladies and gentlemen have any
experience with this machine? I could have spent quite a bit more and
gone for the Memorycraft, but I had to stay realistic about my
finances and my actual sewing needs,so I went with the 6125QC.

Gillian in SW Michigan.
http://community.webshots.com/user/gothikka

Old August 9th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
Gothikka wrote:

Well, after much deliberation, I went ahead and bought a Janome
6125QC. Do any of you talented ladies and gentlemen have any
experience with this machine? I could have spent quite a bit more and
gone for the Memorycraft, but I had to stay realistic about my
finances and my actual sewing needs,so I went with the 6125QC.

Gillian in SW Michigan.
http://community.webshots.com/user/gothikka

Congratulations, Gillian! I don't know a thing about any of the Janomes,
except that the brand is a good one. Enjoy your new baby!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gothikka

Thanks, Sandy! I hope I made the right decision. I can't quite get the
upper tension right yet, but I will work on that this evening when my
four-year old goes to bed. I love how quiet this machine is!

Gillian in SW Michigan.

On Aug 9, 1:52?pm, Sandy wrote:
In article . com,

Old August 9th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article .com,
Gothikka wrote:

Thanks, Sandy! I hope I made the right decision. I can't quite get the
upper tension right yet, but I will work on that this evening when my
four-year old goes to bed. I love how quiet this machine is!

Gillian in SW Michigan.

Gillian, that's one of the lovely things about a good machine, isn't it?
I noticed the same thing when I got rid of my machine from h*** about 35
years ago -- the new one was *quiet*!

Old August 9th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 9, 1:09 pm, Gothikka wrote:
Well, after much deliberation, I went ahead and bought a Janome
6125QC. Do any of you talented ladies and gentlemen have any
experience with this machine? I could have spent quite a bit more and
gone for the Memorycraft, but I had to stay realistic about my
finances and my actual sewing needs,so I went with the 6125QC.

Gillian in SW Michigan.http://community.webshots.com/user/gothikka

Good choice on that machine. It, along with the 6119QC were the two
that I was seriously looking at within that segment of the Janome line
in that price range. The 6119 did not have quite as many stitches and
it doesn't have the small computer screen and is a straight mechanical
machine which is what I was looking for at the time. They both sew
really well and you will be served well with your purchase. I have
owned and used quite a few Janome machines and have never had a
problem with any of them, and they sew wonderfully.

John

Old August 9th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I have the 6500 and I was amazed at how quiet it was with the walking
foot on! It's my first Janome, and I love it.
..
In message .com,
Gothikka writes
Thanks, Sandy! I hope I made the right decision. I can't quite get the
upper tension right yet, but I will work on that this evening when my
four-year old goes to bed. I love how quiet this machine is!

Gillian in SW Michigan.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 9th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

John wrote:
........snipped......... I have
owned and used quite a few Janome machines and have never had a
problem with any of them, and they sew wonderfully.

John

I have the Memorycraft 9000 and love it. Not only is a Janome a
great machine, the customer service is phenomenal! I had to call them
several times for help in learning how to use some of the more
"esoteric" machine functions and the people I spoke with were great.
The first time (late Friday - early Saturday night), I sent an e-mail
from their website. About 9:00 AM Saturday morning, someone was phoning
me to talk me through the steps needed to get the machine to jump
through the appropriate hoops.
I have had equally superb customer service every time I have phoned.
I've needed info on appropriate bobbins, a replacement free motion
foot (mine broke in less than a year), and several other minor issues.
Each and every time, I got great customer service and my questions were
answered promptly, etc. Janome makes a great machine and offers primo
service so I plan to stick with them next time I need a new machine.
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old August 10th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pami

Make sure it threaded correctly. I have a Janome and I threaded it wrong.
When I looked closer at the diagram I found my mistake. I am still screwing
up learning my new machine. I love the bobbin holds lots of thread. I
always had to reload with my other machine.

Pami

Old August 10th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gothikka

Thanks, Pami. After many hours of threading and rethreading, adjusting
dials and levers, I realized that I had loaded the bobbin incorrectly.
I had it clockwise instead of anti-clockwise smacks forehead .
Something so simple...On the plus side, it sews so neatly and quietly
that I am almost giddy!

Old August 10th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Aug 9, 1:09 pm, Gothikka wrote:
Well, after much deliberation, I went ahead and bought a Janome
6125QC. Do any of you talented ladies and gentlemen have any
experience with this machine? I could have spent quite a bit more and
gone for the Memorycraft, but I had to stay realistic about my
finances and my actual sewing needs,so I went with the 6125QC.

Gillian in SW Michigan.http://community.webshots.com/user/gothikka

I have had a Janome 6125QC for 2 years ,its a real work horse .I
don't take out pins the machine walks right over them ( not a good
idea ) I also sew at least 2 hours a day and do a lot of
stippling .With mine I got the the quilting table ,couldn't sew with
out it now .In my opinion its all you will ever need ,I love mine.Just
don't ever put metal bobbins in it .Enjoy

Janome 6125QC Machine Problem Edward W. Thompson Quilting 10 December 10th 06 05:11 PM
Juki vs Janome joysjane Quilting 4 February 6th 06 02:30 PM
Janome 9000 Steve & Paulette Lashley Sewing 6 December 19th 03 12:25 AM
Janome ;The Quilters's Companion 6125QC Nancy Quilting 4 November 16th 03 09:57 PM
Janome Tutorials Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 October 22nd 03 10:21 AM