Two Color Block Suggestions Please!

Old August 9th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

Default Two Color Block Suggestions Please!

I am making a quilt top for a group challenge. The assignment is to
use the provided fabrics and make a top. Since the provided fabrics
are blues, with a nice color range, I am thinking of making scrappy
blocks keeping the values but not the fabrcis constant. This might be
Log Cabin--so many fun ways to set them! Or something else which
calls for high contrast.

Suggestions are welcome and even encouraged!

Thanks,
Mary
Old August 9th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Do you know how to go back to the 8/6 posts? Donna asked about making a
quilt with sort of two colors - her challenge had to do with only red +
neutral which is similar to what you're planning. Look for 'Suggestions
needed'. Polly

Old August 9th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

The complimentary colors to blues are yellow/oranges. That would certainly
be striking. I've also seen many gorgeous 2 color quilts using white and
dark blues... or baby blues and dark blues.

--
Kate in MI

Old August 9th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I think the scrappy star that someone posted a few days ago could be the
nicest scrappy I've seen - and it is perfectly straightforward. It was
from the quiltville.com site. I'. sure it could be done with 'values'.
Also, I think Virginia Reel or Snail Trail is a good two-colour block.
..
In message , Mary in Rock
Island IL writes
I am making a quilt top for a group challenge. The assignment is to
use the provided fabrics and make a top. Since the provided fabrics
are blues, with a nice color range, I am thinking of making scrappy
blocks keeping the values but not the fabrcis constant. This might be
Log Cabin--so many fun ways to set them! Or something else which
calls for high contrast.

Suggestions are welcome and even encouraged!

Thanks,
Mary

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 9th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

"Kate G." wrote:

The complimentary colors to blues are yellow/oranges. That would certainly
be striking. I've also seen many gorgeous 2 color quilts using white and
dark blues... or baby blues and dark blues.

If it was my project, I would be adding yellows or oranges. However,
I am mostly to use what is provided. So it will be dark v. light
blues.
Mary
Old August 10th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

I have a scrappy Storm at Sea on the mental back burner. Would look great in
blues. You need some distinct light, medium and dark.
Roberta in D