Happy, Happy Dance - Finished How Great

Old April 30th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

Default Happy, Happy Dance - Finished How Great

Yes, almost 3 years later I have finally finished
"How Great Thou Art." I did the "heavy leading"
couching today. A picture is posted on RCTNP.

Now to figure out the next project. I think it
will be a small one.

Nancy
Old April 30th 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

"Nancy" wrote in message
Yes, almost 3 years later I have finally finished
"How Great Thou Art." I did the "heavy leading"
couching today. A picture is posted on RCTNP.

Now to figure out the next project. I think it
will be a small one.

Nancy

Oh, Nancy it's gorgeous.
Congratulations on the finish!!!

mag

Old April 30th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Nancy" wrote in message
Yes, almost 3 years later I have finally finished
"How Great Thou Art." I did the "heavy leading"
couching today. A picture is posted on RCTNP.

Now to figure out the next project. I think it
will be a small one.

Nancy

That's a beautiful piece and beautifully done.

Old May 1st 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

On Apr 30, 3:03*pm, Nancy wrote:
Yes, almost 3 years later I have finally finished "How Great Thou Art." *I did the "heavy leading"
couching today. *A picture is posted on RCTNP.

That's gorgeous, Nancy! I can see why it took you 3 years! You must
be very proud of it.

Joan
Old May 1st 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 1, 11:48�am, NDJoan wrote:
On Apr 30, 3:03�pm, Nancy wrote:

Yes, almost 3 years later I have finally finished "How Great Thou Art." �I did the "heavy leading"
couching today. �A picture is posted on RCTNP.

That's gorgeous, Nancy! �I can see why it took you 3 years! �You must
be very proud of it.

Joan

Thanks to everyone for your comments. When I got it I was just
looking for something with "bright" colors after having done a
number of projects with browns and muted blues. Little did I
realize it would take so long. And especially all the
backstitching for the "leading" and the words. One+ spools
of Kreinik cord later... Of course I did a number of small
projects. THe SAL project came at just the right time.

Nancy
Old May 4th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Michelle[_2_]

OK, I'm being dense, how do you get to the RCTNP site to view the pictures?
I searched the web, got to the Sewing Girls site, registered, still don't
knowhow to view the pictures! Please help.
Michelle G

Old May 5th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Michelle[_2_]

Thanks, I just realized that it's a Yahoo group and I already have joined.
Boy, the ole brain is really foggy today!
Michelle G.
wrote in message
On Mon, 4 May 2009 17:04:30 -0500, "Michelle" wrote:

OK, I'm being dense, how do you get to the RCTNP site to view the
pictures?
I searched the web, got to the Sewing Girls site, registered, still don't
knowhow to view the pictures! Please help.
Michelle G

ask to join and I will admit you lol We only moderate the group
because the spam was bad, now spammers rarely manage to get in.

I will be around for the next couple of hours and will watch for you.

Old May 5th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message
On Mon, 4 May 2009 23:14:02 -0500, "Michelle" wrote:

Thanks, I just realized that it's a Yahoo group and I already have joined.
Boy, the ole brain is really foggy today!
Michelle G.

I think many of us were having a bad day yesterday lol In an effort
to clean my huge living room windows I somehow got locked out on to my
balcony and had to call upon a passing stranger to come up and let me
back in ! An hour in the very cold wind seeing the cat watch me from
inside. Someone else here had a bad day too, so you are not alone.

Are you talking about me??? If so, I'll admit to STUPID. I mean really
STUPID!

I have very dry eyes and I use artificial tears all the time. I keep a
bottle in my desk drawer to use while I'm at the computer. When I picked up
the bottle yesterday to put a few drops in my eye, of course since I'm
always in a hurry I didn't look and put a few drops of lens cleaner in my
eye.

I knew immediately because it felt like liquid fire. Fortunately I did have
the tears in the drawer so I grabbed them and poured that in my eye. I
called the doctor's office and they said to just continue to flush it out as
often as I could. It's much better today and I don't think my vision has
been affected at all, but it is still red and my lid feels like it's been
through the mill.

Warning to all, look before you leap. Jeez, now I sound like my
mother------------ lol