Zipper pull thingys

Old August 29th 03, 08:50 PM
Jalynne

Default Zipper pull thingys

hey, Tink, good to see you! I was just gonna respond to this and say the same
thing...heheh. GMTA
--
Jalynne

"Tink" wrote in message
I got some at Michael's a while back. I believe the official name of them is
"zipper pull thingies".

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"KDK" wrote in message
m...
Ok I have no idea what they are really called I'd like to make
some PMC zipper pulls, but I don;t know what the findingthat actually
attaches tot he zipper is called. Anyone?? Any good suppliers?

TIA

Kathy K

Old August 29th 03, 08:51 PM
CLP

Funny you should say that, I've been making and selling them... Also as jean
beltloop charm dangleys. They are base metal, called lanyard clasps, and you
can get them as cheaply from Office Max as anywhere. I just got a bunch from
JoAnns because all their jewelry items were 40% off. I figure 40 cents per
dozen is as reasonable as anything, and there's no shipping charges
involved. I'm sure you could find more expensive ones, or even go for
keychain clasps, but for my own purpose, I found that trendy back-to-school
items need to be less expensive to sell well, and if I can sell a quantity
of less expensive things, I can fund my more expensive projects with the
proceeds - and have the side benefit of getting my name out to the moms.
Does that help?

Christy

Old August 29th 03, 08:51 PM
Deirdre S.

LOL! Are they the metal lanyard-hook type gadgets, shaped like a pear,
that open when you push on the cut side, and close as soon as you
release the pressure?

Deirdre

Old August 29th 03, 08:55 PM
Deirdre S.

This is the kind of thing I'm hoping to be able to master as a
marketing strategy ...

Deirdre

Old August 29th 03, 09:07 PM
CLP

Yes, well, when I can make a dozen of something in an hour from maybe $3.00
of material (ribbons, beads, charms), sell them for $4.00 each (2.50 if I
wholesale them), which makes them very low end for anyone's impulse buy,
it's a minimum profit of $27 per hour, max $45 per hour. It's not
financially as good as doing freelance technical writing, but a lot more
gratifying!

Obviously I can't sell 40 dozen in a week and look at it as a 40 hr job,
because I don't have those contacts, but you get the gist. I feel that as
long as I'm making something unique, that's better than what someone can get
at Target, I'm not compromised at all. Everything can't be precious metal
and gems!

Live and be well,
Christy

Old August 29th 03, 11:11 PM
Diana Curtis

No, those are whatchamacallits .
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 29th 03, 11:43 PM
Kandice Seeber

Ken calls them lanyard whatchadoohickies.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 30th 03, 12:07 AM
angela

I knew just went she meant when she said "zipper pull thingys"! :-)

ang.

(p.s. look he http://snurl.com/26wc)
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Kandice Seeber" wrote ...

Old August 30th 03, 02:07 AM
Cheryl

I got a package at JoAnn Fabrics

just about any craft store- Michael's for instance, carry them....
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old August 30th 03, 02:30 AM
KDK

Thanks everyone!!! I wouldn't have thought of laynard do dahs!

And thanks for some info on where to but such items!

Kathy K