OT - DARN AOL

Old February 1st 04, 08:42 PM
Cheryl

Default OT - DARN AOL

I can't get into any of the newsgroups with AOL right now.
Keep getting "database not available" -- try back later ...

reading with Google irritates me -- but what the heck....

am I the only one having this AOL problem?

Cheryl
Old February 2nd 04, 02:11 AM
VManes

It's all part of AOHell's conspiracy to own the 'net.

They have blacklisted so many domains and ISPs since middle of last week, it
ain't funny. Both my local ISPs are blocked - can't email to family,
friends or customers on AOHell accounts.

Maybe the newsservers are fighting back by cutting off AOHell access???

Val
--
Bringing you BeadWizard Design Software
www.beadwizard.com

om...

Old February 2nd 04, 02:18 AM
Dr. Sooz

Keep getting "database not available" -- try back later ...

am I the only one having this AOL problem?

Cheryl, it hasn't been happening to me -- but I mostly slept all day, so I
haven't been online.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 2nd 04, 04:54 AM
melinda

VManes wrote:
It's all part of AOHell's conspiracy to own the 'net.

They have blacklisted so many domains and ISPs since middle of last week, it
ain't funny. Both my local ISPs are blocked - can't email to family,
friends or customers on AOHell accounts.

Maybe the newsservers are fighting back by cutting off AOHell access???

Val

I use a free service from Germany, http://news.individual.net/
they do have some anti spam rules but they carry a lot of ngs.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old February 2nd 04, 09:11 AM
JL Amerson

The nice thing about using a free service such as the one Melinda listed is
that you can read the group thru Outlook/Outllok Express. It's a mucheasier
way to read it. I've done the AOHell thing in the past as well as Google. I
prefer OE. Much easier to follow the threads, delete what you don't want,
see what you've read, etc.

Old February 2nd 04, 02:13 PM
Debbie B

I worked for AOH$*) for almost 5 years. We got rid of everything we could
that had to do with them and Time Warner. Course we had to keep some of the
TW stuff unfortunately. But I wouldn't recommend them for anything or any
amount of money or beads. And right now that says alot.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old February 2nd 04, 02:38 PM
Sjpolyclay

to the other aol-ers...
yes the newsgroups were down.
as to the blocking, there's a spam filter they don't talk about so much---go to
"Mail", then "mailcontrols" click on the right hand side link where it says
"click here to access your spam folder"
ALSO--if you refuse mail from anyone at all in your settings, you can be
blocking whole lines without knowing it.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old February 2nd 04, 09:21 PM
Debbie B

I was very lucky. I was in on the ground floor so to speak. Made a ton of
money and then got the heck out. When your options are $3 and the stock is
$100, boom! Course that was a while ago. I bought several large ticket
items and had health issues to take care of so it's all gone now. From what
I understand, here in Albq, they are not the company to work for anymore.

I think they went down hill after the Time Warner deal. They are good to
start with when you are new to the internet or if you have kids. But now
Walmart has their deal and it's a generic and cheaper aol. (all run by the
same company)

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old February 3rd 04, 01:24 AM
Barbara Otterson

On 1 Feb 2004 12:42:17 -0800, (Cheryl) wrote:

am I the only one having this AOL problem?

Cheryl

There's a reason they call it AOhell.
Try Earthlink.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen
Old February 3rd 04, 01:28 AM
Beadseeker

Haven't had any problems accessing the n/g through aol.I'm running 9.0 dialup.
Patti