Healing, Curing and Photography

Old October 6th 04, 10:27 PM
Christina Peterson

Default Healing, Curing and Photography

I'll start with the only part of this that is somewhat on topic. The
photography.

We had company Mon night. One of the people is a budding photojournalist
with a fancy schmancy digital camera from the university, and she has
offered to photograph my jewelry. Yippee.

And the rest:

People who came over were involved in "the healing arts",
primarily Reiki, and I re-remembered some of my earlier mental health
history. Two of the three of us who practice Reiki, spoke of having issues
really smack them in the face when they began their training.

People doing Reiki often have that experience, but I did not. Looking back
for reasons, I see that I had already been working with a psychologist on
alcohol, domestic violence, and Co-Dependence, as well as Depression. So
perhaps many of my issues were already well on their way to resolution.

I had also been trying desperately to deal with my Depression. Anything was
worth a try. Psychology, meds, meditation while hugging trees, Tai Chi, Qi
Gung (think Chi Kung), Reiki. But nothing was working to lift the
Depression. And then it occurred to me. In healing arts, they speak of
healing, not of curing.

There are lots of conditions a person cannot be cured of, but a person can
be brought to a level of comfort and readiness. Often the "healing" Reiki
will bring to a cancer patient (eg), is an acceptance of the condition and
peace of mind, and readiness to take the next step,even while still fighting
the disease using the bodies own wisdom.

It occurs to me that while I am not cured and might never be, I am healed to
a large extent. I want to be more, but I can love myself as I am. And I
think because of that, I can fight the effects of Depression much better.

Tina

Old October 6th 04, 10:36 PM
Margie

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:27:58 -0800, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

It occurs to me that while I am not cured and might never be, I am healed to
a large extent. I want to be more, but I can love myself as I am. And I
think because of that, I can fight the effects of Depression much better.

What enlightenment, Tina! Please know that I love you too.

--
Margie
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our

Old October 6th 04, 10:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

Fabulous insights.
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 7th 04, 12:23 AM
Beadbimbo

Sounds like you have a good handle on things, Tina.

And that's great about the photography!

Jerri
www.beadbimo.com

Old October 7th 04, 02:15 AM
Margie

wrote:

We had company Mon night. One of the people is a budding photojournalist
with a fancy schmancy digital camera from the university, and she has
offered to photograph my jewelry. Yippee.

Does this mean that I'll finally get to see your jewelry? crosses
fingers

Old October 7th 04, 09:49 AM
bluemaxx

Great! news on the photojournalist taking pics of your jewelry!
That's the hardest part of the whole creation business, imo.

On your other ruminations... Tina, I've seen a wonderful change in your
posts lately. You're making me laugh with many of your posts - it's
your sense of humor that's coming out more and more! It's a
wonderful result, Tina and you give me hope. So I'm saving this post
of yours to read and re-read... to remind myself of the power of loving
myself.
--
Linda
eBay Auctions - http://snipurl.com/twolegz

[...]