Macy pic, beady things, other stuff - OT

Old July 3rd 03, 02:46 PM
Tink

Default Macy pic, beady things, other stuff - OT

It's been so hot and humid here that my primary activity has been attempting
to breathe. That's the ONE thing I miss about the apartment: Air
Conditioning.

Macy, our new puppy (six months old) is doing great! She's very well
housebroken, and she has had zero accidents. I'm discovering she kind of has
a *thing* about chewing, but she gnaws on the strangest stuff: Empty Irish
Spring box, bobbin of Nymo, tea candle. She's not destructive, by any means.
I think it's just a puppy thing. I still haven't taken any good pix of her,
but I did snap one grainy icky image the other day that I put he
http://blackswampglassworks.com/macy1.jpg

Tonight I get to play with sandblasting! I am SO looking forward to this! I
have six beads prepared: Base bead, enameled with a contrasting color,
designs masked on the surface of the bead. My friend and mentor Gini Porritt
and I have been wanting to try it. She has a sandblasting setup (her partner
is a glass blower) so we figured what the heck. I'll let you know how they
turn out.

My spool beads are turning out WAY cool! I started with the wooden spools,
which I stained a medium oak. After a half dozen of those, I started doing
the same thing with some tiny sterling spools. OHMY. They are delicious! I
couldn't do flat odd count peyote (the spool was only three Delicas wide) so
I did square stitch around them. I love, LOVE them!

I've been spending time putting auctions up, and I gotta tell ya... I wish I
enjoyed selling as much as I enjoy melting stuff. LOL! On a good day, I get
about ten beads done. Of course, I don't torch every day. I WOULD, but I
have to take time from the torch for selling, shipping, photographing...
It's very frustrating, and I've not yet found a solution. I'm thinking about
offering more groupings... like "grab bags"... at very excellent prices.
Thoughts about this? I'm thinking about five beads in a grab bag for $20.
Focals, of course. Not "seconds". No pics.

I've had some computer issues lately. Well, email issues to be precise. I
think I screwed up my email filters. So if you've emailed me and haven't
received a response, please try again. If it's about my lampwork, please
email me at --- I use that for "work" related
mail only. My buckeye-express account gets hundreds of emails a day, and
sometimes I miss something important.

Anyone waiting for beads, my printer broke and I had to get another. Which I
did yesterday. So now I can get remaining packages ready to go. I also
splurged and got myself a wireless router and card for my laptop. Now I can
handle all my business stuff in my second floor workroom! Yay! I was
spending too much time going from basement to second floor when getting
things ready for shipping. And with the heat and humidity lately, I simply
couldn't do it.

Ok. I think that's about it. Back to work for me :-) Tink out.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 3rd 03, 07:02 PM
Diana Curtis

Macy is adorable!
All the rest of your news is exciting. I hope you find a way to sell without
having to sell for yourself. It does take so much time away from the fun
stuff.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 3rd 03, 07:59 PM
Regina

Cute puppy. We have a 3 yo choc lab who grew into a monster-sized dog. When
he was still in the puppy chewing stage he was tall enough to reach my
beading supplies on the dining room table. He got ahold of my needles which
I keep in one of those stuffed tomato holders. Chewed the whole thing to
bits, needles and all. Well, that taught him his lesson, he never did it
again.

Wow, sandblasting! Can't wait to see the results. Have fun.

Regina

Old July 3rd 03, 10:28 PM
SmartAlecBlonde4

I still haven't taken any good pix of her,
but I did snap one grainy icky image the other day that I put he
http://blackswampglassworks.com/macy1.jpg

Awwww. I love her face. I'm going to have to get Buddy a bandana. Buddy is
doing pretty good as far as potty training goes. He does have some
"accidentally on purpose" times but most of the time if he really has to go, he
starts dribbling and we get him outside fast. I think he is starting to get
the hang of it. He's just 3 1/2 mos old so we really can't complain much
except he does like to chew on things so we have to keep an eye on that. And
we can't get our food too close to him or he tries to snatch it out of your
hand. I could leave food near Chelsea and she wouldn't touch it unless we gave
her some. I think Buddy is going to need a Puppy Training class but you can't
sign them up till they are at least 4 mos old.

Jo Jo
Old July 3rd 03, 10:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

Wow, that's *very* good for 3.5 months!!

Buddy is
doing pretty good as far as potty training goes. He does have some
"accidentally on purpose" times but most of the time if he really has to go,
he
starts dribbling and we get him outside fast. I think he is starting to get
the hang of it. He's just 3 1/2 mos old so we really can't complain

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 3rd 03, 10:53 PM
SmartAlecBlonde4

Wow, that's *very* good for 3.5 months!!

Yes, we are very pleased. For the most part he is a great dog but he's got the
usual puppy things we gotta get him thru, like yesterday he started jumping and
nipping at my face. He has the word NO down pretty good but we have to say it
a few times as if he just wants to make sure we mean it.

Jo Jo
Old July 3rd 03, 11:40 PM
Deirdre S.

What a great face. Receptive. Experienced.

Deirdre

Old July 4th 03, 12:22 AM
mkahogan

Macy is adorable. Can you get her acceptable stuff to chew on to replace
the wierd stuff. Maybe some rawhide bones?

Would love to see a pic of the spools.
KathyH

Old July 4th 03, 01:44 AM
Dr. Sooz

Or if you can't -- just *can't* -- do it one day a week, then two....maybe
Mondays and Thursdays.

Here's a thought for you. Why don't you set aside one day a week for the
mundane, and use the others to create? That way you don't have to stop the
creative flow, just keep crankin' with a smile on your face. On the day
you've set aside for the small print, do it all in steps: photograph and
#/name each bead, when that's done, wrap each for shipping and get the
bubble envelope or box ready to go with your return label, etc. (except for
the final tape, in case someone buys multiple items) Mark the #/name where

~~etc. snipped great ideas~~~
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 4th 03, 01:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

Try this -- Next time he leaps at your face and tries to nip, grab him
silently, gently wrestle him into submissive posture, pressing him down using
your chest and arms, and put your jaws around his muzzle. Bear down with your
teeth just a little and growl.

This works *wonders*.