To Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Old February 14th 05, 11:57 PM
.::SuperBLUE::.

Default To Barbara Forbes-Lyons

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Please remove rec.crafts.polymer-clay. From your address line. We are an
artistic group, not a scientific one.

I was thinking of "plastics" used in some fresnel lenses. If you think that
what I am doing isnt art then I wonder what is art at all? And why did I go
to the graphics hi-school and becomeing a graphics eng. It is a 9 years
continuos education in an artistic field.
Maybe photography, graphics, reproduction and computers is not an art for
you, but it is for me.
If I am trying to make a plastic lens isnt this the place for it considering
that there is polymer in the name? I realised a long time ago that some
people dont have their own lives to live, so they complain to everything for
all the wrong reasons.

Old February 15th 05, 01:05 AM
~Candace~

I'm sorry it wasn't clear to you--the type of polymer used here is for art
clay--perhaps you would recognize some of these brand names--Sculpey and
Fimo? These are bake-at-home modeling clays, used for beadmaking,
miniatures, etc. They would not be suitable for making a lens of any sort.

Hope that clears it up some.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old February 15th 05, 02:16 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Thank you for clarifying things for him. You were infinitely more polite
than I would have been. Had he taken the time to READ our group, he would
have known from the start that we don't have the info he is searching for.

B.

. com...

Old February 15th 05, 12:22 PM
~Candace~

Barbara, what can I say--it was the hormones doing a 180 on me---otherwise I
woulda been nasty

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Thank you for clarifying things for him. You were infinitely more polite
than I would have been. Had he taken the time to READ our group, he would
have known from the start that we don't have the info he is searching for.

B.

. com...