Looking for Petit Point kits

Old October 23rd 14, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.[_2_]

Default Looking for Petit Point kits

On Tuesday, December 19, 1995 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Jim Prescott wrote:
I'm looking for information on Petit Point kits, patterns, etc. I've
checked several local craft shops but none have had Petit Point; at one
store the proprietor referred to it as "a lost art form".

The info is for my aunt. She showed me a kit that was probably 40 years
old. The package said "Alice Godkin / Petit Point & Needle Point Designs /
Woolcraft / Regina & Vancover / small / 120x120 stitches". The whole thing
was only a few inches across and done with very fine stitches. I'd like to
find a source for similar kits.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Jim Prescott - Systems Staff ur-valhalla!jgp
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Rochester, NY

This query seems to have been posted a number of years ago. Did you ever find a petit point shop for your aunt?
Old October 27th 14, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 10/22/2014 9:28 PM, Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. wrote:
[...]

My guess is that, since this post is 19 years old, he's no longer
looking for it. I checked, and he's still at the U of Rochester, though!

Sewgirls (or whatever they're calling themselves now) are at it again...
sigh.

--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old October 28th 14, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Joan Erickson wrote:

Sewgirls (or whatever they're calling themselves now) are at it again...
sigh.

But at least this time it was NOTICED by the quasi-OP that this was an
old post, as opposed to the number of SewBimbos who respond to
20-year-old posts as if they're brand new.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 6/11/14 -- needlepoint Christmas Lights ornament

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT