Serger manual HELP

Old July 17th 03, 12:15 PM
CHARLES MURPHY

Default Serger manual HELP

Okay, so I have spent two frustrating mornings searching for a manual for a
Huskylock 900 made by Viking/Husqvarna...no luck.. found all sorts of other
stuff but no manual....any other ideas....next will be to post on rummage
sale site.
--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

Old July 17th 03, 12:23 PM
Kate Dicey

CHARLES MURPHY wrote:

Okay, so I have spent two frustrating mornings searching for a manual for a
Huskylock 900 made by Viking/Husqvarna...no luck.. found all sorts of other
stuff but no manual....any other ideas....next will be to post on rummage
sale site.
--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

That's the 4 thread without the memory, isn't it? If you get stuck, and
HV can't help, give me a shout and we'll see if the manual for mine will
give you what you need. Have scanner, can send scanned pages.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old July 17th 03, 12:30 PM
Polly Esther

Just a little help here. Assuming that what you need is guidance on
adjusting, functions, - that sort of thing, you might enjoy having a copy of
ABCs of Serging by Tammy Young and Lori Bottom, Krause Publications. I have
the manual that came with my serger but the ABCs is much better for
explaining, and very well illustrated. All too often, the serger books want
to tell you how to serge using the leftover straw from a scarecrow and other
useless trivia. ABCs will help you get comfortable with your serger. Polly

Old July 18th 03, 01:22 PM
CHARLES MURPHY

Kate,
Yes it is, HV says that manual is no longer available....that would be great
if you could scan just the lube pages ( which I would think are basically
universal for their models) ...What I am looking for is, really, the lube
page, otherwise she threads quite simply(according to the dia. on interior
cover) and I manged to get it to sew with a decent balanced stitch in about
45 minutes so I was very proud of myself since I am basically a serger
beginner myself......Fortunately there seem to be no hidden quirks for
threading etc.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

Old July 18th 03, 02:26 PM
Kate Dicey

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
CHARLES MURPHY wrote:

Okay, so I have spent two frustrating mornings searching for a manual

for a
Huskylock 900 made by Viking/Husqvarna...no luck.. found all sorts of

other
stuff but no manual....any other ideas....next will be to post on

rummage
sale site.
--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

That's the 4 thread without the memory, isn't it? If you get stuck, and
HV can't help, give me a shout and we'll see if the manual for mine will
give you what you need. Have scanner, can send scanned pages.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Do you have the model number? I can ask if it's still available here,
or if my machine man knows anyone with one we can get a copy of.
Different continent = different availability. I will look it up and
scan for you too.

Serge the Serger goes in for a minor procedure tomorrow, so I will see
Wilf and ask him, or leave a note with Tracy, his daughter.