Need Sisters show report!

Old July 14th 03, 05:11 AM
Flo Cala

Default Need Sisters show report!

(Trouble with the German ng server today)

Looking for reports to come in, too... here's what I got from a husband
who followed his wife around "just like all the other husbands":

quoteQuite something. A bit over 1000 quilts, most displayed outdoors
on the front of buildings, but a few inside. I'm told they were
expecting 25,000 people in a town of 1,000 residents, and I wouldn't be
surprised if it was, but the crowds weren't too bad because the displays
cover both sides of 30 or more blocks.
It was only in the 90s, but the problem was walking up and down those
sun-drenched streets with only occasional shade. I think there are a
lot of people nursing nasty sunburns.end quote
--
Dot (Flo Cala)
Delete whome in address to reply.

"Sbtypesetter" wrote in message
Hi all of you who went to the Sisters quilt show
yesterday. Time to tell about what all you saw,
bought, drooled over.

I noticed when I attended last year that New York
Beauty and an appliqued cat design (12 blocks)
were the most popularly done quilts, so I was
wondering what the trend was this year.
Also, who was the guest artist, and what style
were those quilts in. (Last year's artist was
fantastic).
TIA

SueB

Old July 17th 03, 01:42 AM
Flo Cala

Lots of photos of quilts at the Sisters' show:
http://www.arcatapet.net/travel/quilts.cfm
Those with slow connections: thumbnails lead to large images, yet you
should see the larger ones to appreciate the works.

Old July 17th 03, 06:44 PM
DDM

Thanks, Dot...great pics. I got to use a Roadrunner connection to see
these. Boy, are you Roadrunner guys spoiled! If I had done this on my own
dial up connection I'd still be waiting for the page to load!

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old July 18th 03, 01:22 AM
Flo Cala

Wish I was the one who took the pics! My daughter was out that way and
invited me to fly out to visit the show, but I couldn't. Found the
photos via a fellow poster in another NG. I viewed them on my standard
dial-up. Not too bad a wait time at all, though I realize some have
slow connections -- hence, the warning.

Show Report Gwacie Beads 3 January 18th 05 07:21 AM
AD and show report Kandice Seeber Beads 16 November 15th 04 07:16 PM
My big art show report ~Candace~ Beads 17 August 26th 04 06:13 PM
Barbara's B&B Show Report Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 1 May 27th 04 04:00 AM
Show report mkahogan Beads 2 August 4th 03 08:07 PM