Could someone tell me the cost to make a bead

Old October 26th 04, 02:20 AM
Scott

Default Could someone tell me the cost to make a bead

Could someone tell me the cost to make a bead Or how many standard beads you
get from a glass rod and the cost for fuel.. No one seems to ever talk about
the cost or is that a no-no? Thank you girls.

ITS STILL HOT IN TEXAS !

Scott in Houston

Old October 26th 04, 02:34 AM
Cheryl

Could someone tell me the cost to make a bead Or how many standard beads you
get from a glass rod and the cost for fuel.. No one seems to ever talk about
the cost or is that a no-no? Thank you girls.

get real.....

describe bead....
how big, how little, how simple how complex...
trying to figure exact cost "per bead" would be very difficult....
basically you have to figure your total costs over a period of time against
your production to see whether you are making a profit or not
and all the "costs" do not include - of course the artist's time, ability, and
experience....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 26th 04, 02:47 AM
Janet R

Im in Houston too.....and Yes, its HOT HOT HOT.

Janet R

Old October 26th 04, 02:49 AM
starlia

I agree with Cheryl. It's all relative. It depends on the type of glass
you are using. One rod may cost 15x the amount of another. It depends on
what kind of bead you are making, using metals, difficulty levels, and the
list goes on. If you want to know how many single one color beads I can get
from a rod it's usually 20 or so. I don't make huge beads though.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old October 26th 04, 08:24 AM
starlia

]Much as some of us would like it,
]we cannot chain up our favorite lampworkers and make them create for
]us 24/7.

darn it!

No no no. Thank the Gods! You wouldn't want me chained up anywhere 24/7,
trust me. I'm a ticking time bomb.

Old October 26th 04, 09:19 AM
Dr. Sooz

That's sort of like asking "How much is the average bead?" (ANY bead) Nobody
talks about that because it doesn't apply. n/a

~~~~~~~~~~~
It's all relative. It depends on the type of glass
you are using. One rod may cost 15x the amount of another. It depends on
what kind of bead you are making, using metals, difficulty levels, and the
list goes on.

~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 26th 04, 09:20 AM
Dr. Sooz

Im in Houston too.....and Yes, its HOT HOT HOT.

It was very cold here (in the SF Bay Area), and now it's raining HARD.
~~

Old October 26th 04, 12:05 PM
~Candace~

*quickly revising her plans for Starlia's next visit*
Damn.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old October 26th 04, 02:07 PM
Carol in SLC

It was very cold here (in the SF Bay Area), and now it's raining HARD.

It snowed here all day yesterday.
I am going into my hibernation mode.

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart1.jpg