ON topic-- How does a wheat field become a thatched roof?

Old December 17th 05, 11:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default ON topic-- How does a wheat field become a thatched roof?

Love that block ..have always thought that it would be so neat to live in a
thatched
roof house...! Looks cosy ...Mary

http://community.webshots.com/album/524164472uVxTfe

Here's where buying fabric indiscriminately is real handy.... I
didn't think I'd ever make a quilt with a wheat field... who knew? ;-)

(Go away, beggers. This block is going to a dear friend. Those in the
know will know by the *color* of the window frames! vbg)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 17th 05, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ah, Pat, it isn't anything I can take too much credit for! The angel
is an adaptation of a pattern in a stained glass book and the cottage
is re-worked from a Piece-Makers block pattern I bought before I knew
of their nasty political beliefs. I can take full credit for the calla
lilies, tho! :-)

Thank you for the very nice compliments..... your opinion means a lot
to me!

Hugs,

Leslie

Patti wrote:
Leslie, that is just beautiful. Whether I have just not 'seen' this
part of your 'style' before, I don't know? But, if it is a side you are
developing - from the previous pieced work - then all I can say is
'onwards and upwards'. These artistic creations are wonderful: the
little flower/nature quilts are gorgeous; and the angel block is
stunning.
Maybe I'll make my village quilt appliquéd with the satin stitch like
this block? An idea I had not even considered. (Mind you, that is
going to have to wait until next autumn - boo hoo).
.
In message .com,
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes
When you turn it upside down, of course!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old December 17th 05, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Carole- Thank you. Actually it's a hug block.... the *color* is the
give away! ;-)

Leslie

C & S wrote:
that's really cute. I'm not in the know so I have no clue.
--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

oups.com...

Old December 17th 05, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Gen. It was fun to make.... and as Polly says it's hard to
know when to stop!

Leslie

Don/Gen wrote:
I love the block.
Gen

Old December 17th 05, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Debra! Glad you liked it!

Leslie

Debra wrote:
On 16 Dec 2005 18:43:37 -0800, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

When you turn it upside down, of course!

http://community.webshots.com/album/524164472uVxTfe

Here's where buying fabric indiscriminately is real handy.... I
didn't think I'd ever make a quilt with a wheat field... who knew? ;-)

(Go away, beggers. This block is going to a dear friend. Those in the
know will know by the *color* of the window frames! vbg)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

OMG that's purdy!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old December 17th 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Anita-

I'm glad I could get across the idea I was going for! I'm *not*
artistic, so I try to find various "tools" that help me along.
Stretching and reaching for little aids like finding the perfect fabric
for whatever look I'm after helps me a lot. I hope it will help you,
too.

Thanks for your kind words. :-) And my MasterCard sends it's sympathy
to yours! LOL

Leslie

Harry and Anita wrote:
What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing.

You're now making me see some of those remnant pieces in a completely
different way...Hear that whimper? It's my credit card running off and
hiding.

Anita in icy Alaska

Old December 17th 05, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have the calender with the cottage block patterns - it was given as a gift
back in the early 90s and I have - at one time or another - made all 12
blocks.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old December 17th 05, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jessamy-

Sorry you are being frustrated by machine applique'. I don't have much
choice with my hands not working too well now-a-days, but I loved hand
applique when I was able do it. I always wanted to make a Balitmore
Album Quilt- I still may try it by machine---- someday. I find the
satin stitching to be soothing, but being at the machine for long is
rough on my back. Do you have a really good stabilizer? That can make
a world of difference in how easily the applique goes and how well it
appears. I'd be glad to send you a hunk of the Easy Stitch Stabilizer
that I use. It's just wonderful!

Thanks for the compliments!

Leslie

Old December 17th 05, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks for your kind words... I'll gladly email the pattern to you and
you can make it in your choice of colors and fabrics. :-) I hope the
intended recipient likes it as well as you!

Leslie

FiederEls wrote:
Oh wow... i love that cottage block... make mine in earth tones if you
please... ;-)
oh no... no begging you said... darn..
anyroadup.. i LOVE it... so there....

FiederenviousEls.

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old December 17th 05, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mary-

Me, too! I love the thought of living in a forest in a little cottage
with a thatched roof and flowers everywhere! Like Hansel and Gretel
without the witch! LOL Thanks for the compliment- it sure was fun
designing it, chosing the fabrics and seeing it all come together.

Leslie