Where are we from?

Old October 21st 04, 09:55 AM
Aud

I'm making a list "of us"...cannot say how joyful this job is! Next
step: google for your homeplaces to see where you are, all of you!
Hugs,
AUD in Ålesund; at the West Coast of Norway;-))
alrefsnesathotmaildotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

Old October 21st 04, 12:47 PM
BonnieBlue

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Gallagher"
wrote:

Vancouver Island BC, Canada, and before that 38 years in Toronto, and
before that 21 in Amsterdam Holland

Els

Els,

In 1980 I went to The Netherlands as part of a People-to-People
International group. I was a junior in high school. We had homestays with
families for about 5 days and then spent some time in Amsterdam before going
on. The family I stayed with raised tulip bulbs. It is a beautiful
country. I learned to ride "side saddle" on the back of a bicycle!

--
BonnieBlue

WIPs:
EGA's English Band Sampler ICC
Knitted Cardigan
Knitted Amish Throw

Commit random acts of literacy! Read & Release at
http://www.bookcrossing.com/friend/BonnieBlue

Old October 21st 04, 01:43 PM
B Vaughan

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:55:06 -0400, "Maine-iac Rose"
wrote:

Now I had one of those patterns, and I use to put it up every year, until H
told me that according to the bible, we are not supposed to be put up things
like that. So got rid of the Nativity scene, but believe that I still have
the pattern around, just have to go looking for it.

I don't remember anything in the Bible that says anything like that.

--------
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old October 21st 04, 02:09 PM
spampot

And the Chinese call China The Middle Kingdom!

As for where "the Levant" is, Did you know that the term "Near East"
used to include the Balkans and Greece?? (Terminology of the UK's
Foreign Service)

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Hahahah Michelle , But you are in the WEST ,,, by the ideas of those
people who divided the world into East , west ,,,, consider where the
Middle was ?,,,,, Europe !!!!
mirjam
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:46:54 GMT, "Michelle"
wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realize how far 'East' was Middle
East.

--
Michelle in St. John's
NL, Canada
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote in message

Hahahha Michele , it is ok !! on another Ng they refused my claim to
live in the east at all.....open your world map and see us at the
eastern side of the Mediterenean ,,, than over us Lebanon , Syrya and
Turkey ,, that is where Europe starts , under well a bit side off
Egypt ,,,, and Africa,,,,,. but we as most Middle East are mainly on
Asia !!!!
mirjam
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:36:07 GMT, "Michelle"
wrote:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote in message

Hee Michelle , unknowing that you thought there was no Asiatic ,,,, i
mentioned that about me ....I do complain about that at least once a
year hahahahha
mirjam

Hi Mirjam

I didn't realize that the Middle East would be included in Asia.....never
mind me, I'm having one of THOSE weeks.

Michelle

Old October 21st 04, 02:16 PM
Rusty1215

In 1980 I went to The Netherlands as part of a People-to-People
International group

Bonnie, my grandson went on a People-to-People trip last year during the
summer. They visited England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. He said the
homestays were the best part. It's a great program.
Rusty from CT
^(-.-)^
Dusty the Shi-Poo
Old October 21st 04, 02:21 PM
Ophelia

"Aud" wrote in message

"Ophelia" skrev i melding
o.uk...

Hi Mirjam I am feeling a lot better but I still have not picked up
any knitting/crochet since my operation. When I do, I know I will be
properly better I think it will be soon and I will let you know

Hi Ophelia, so good to hear!! Hope you are able to enjoy your days, till
then, WITHOUT crocheting!

Thank you very much Aud)))))

Old October 21st 04, 02:58 PM
Kira Dirlik

I was born in Buffalo, lived in Berekeley & Palo Alto, California a
few times , (in Taiwan and HongKong for a year and a half) and have
been in North Carolina since 1971. For past 9 years have lived in
Pittsboro, NC, just about the exact center of the state.
Kira
Old October 21st 04, 04:58 PM
Ria Van de Velde

Ria

With Love from Belgium

riavdv at pandora dot be
Old October 21st 04, 06:20 PM
Maine-iac Rose

That may be it, I had to get rid of a couple old pictures, that had some
saint in it, with lots of feathers around the person. I had it hung in our
bedroom, and boy did he get mad at that, and I asked him, do you see me
kneeling down to that picture to pray to it, and he knows where I do most my
praying, in the library. So to keep the sanity in this marriage, I got rid
of them, to show him how I am with things like that.
But I found a few good things, like not drinking to get drunk, he tells me
that he knew that was in there, but believes that he didn't get drunk, well
I showed him, got him on video tape to prove he was wrong, so now he don't
tell me things that I have to do, because it tells him so in the bible. I
know how to read, and comprehend what I read, and know just push things
right back at him of what he does or doesn't do.
--
Maine-iac Rose
@---

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message

Some people think it comes under the prohibition against worshipping
idols. I don't think it does since I don't worship nativity scenes. In
fact, I could use a new one since the cats broke one of the statues from
my old one, but I'm waiting until I see something I really love.

--
Cheryl

Old October 21st 04, 07:44 PM
mejane

I live in Toronto, Canada and have done so for the past,
oh, 40-odd years. I'm in the opposite end of the city from
Darlene and we have met a couple of times.

de-stashing. Three years ago I moved into a house with
my brother and SIL and found I had a lot less space. After
a bit, the shear volume of yarn and fabric was driving me
crazy and I was lucky enough that Darlene came to the
rescue. She took bags of stuff from me, donated it around
and took what she did not want to Goodwill. I don't have a
car so she came over. I was so greatful. I still have a
lot of stuff but I just gained a new room in the house in
the attic - well, soon, and I am going to turn it into a
sewing, knitting machine, yarn, fabric room. I am so
looking forward to that because I find it so difficult to
work when I can't find my yarn and I can't find a flat
surface anyway to lay stuff out.

Jane in Toronto