heart-shaped buttons

Old July 20th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Default heart-shaped buttons

I'm doing my head in here! I am in need of four red heart-shaped no-
shank buttons. Big ones. Sort of 20mm/1" across-ish.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of such things, please? I can
get small ones, but I want big ones to put in the centre of a patch.

Doesn't matter what they are made of, just proper heart-shaped rather
than skewy (if you see what I mean) and pillar-box red.

Looked everywhere (I think) and now at hair-tearing stage. Thought...
someone here will know JUST where to go.

TIA
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old July 20th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Can you beg from friends with button boxes? Surely somebody has some
from a child's bathrobe from the 1950's and might be willing to
swap . . .
Old July 20th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I've seen them at WalMart, I'm sure. I'll be going to town tomorrow and can
check again if you like.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 20th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Sartorresartus wrote:
I'm doing my head in here! I am in need of four red heart-shaped no-
shank buttons. Big ones. Sort of 20mm/1" across-ish.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of such things, please? I can
get small ones, but I want big ones to put in the centre of a patch.

Doesn't matter what they are made of, just proper heart-shaped rather
than skewy (if you see what I mean) and pillar-box red.

Looked everywhere (I think) and now at hair-tearing stage. Thought...
someone here will know JUST where to go.

I MAY have some in the button tin at home - I'll look after work.

Lizzy
Old July 20th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I just Googled 'The Button Lady' (she is always at quilt shows I've been
to).
She doesn't have an ordering site, by the look of it, but the page there
gives contact details and there appears to be a catalogue. Perhaps you
could ring her about your sought-for buttons?
..
In message
,
Sartorresartus writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 20th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

If all fails you can make your own using polymer clay.
I did that when I wanted some leaf shaped ones for a cardigan.
Shirley

In message
,
Sartorresartus writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 20th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:32:23 -0700 (PDT), Sartorresartus
wrote:

I'm doing my head in here! I am in need of four red heart-shaped no-
shank buttons. Big ones. Sort of 20mm/1" across-ish.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of such things, please? I can
get small ones, but I want big ones to put in the centre of a patch.

Doesn't matter what they are made of, just proper heart-shaped rather
than skewy (if you see what I mean) and pillar-box red.

Looked everywhere (I think) and now at hair-tearing stage. Thought...
someone here will know JUST where to go.

TIA
Nel
(Gadget Queen)

http://www.mjtrim.com/Catalog/Produc...492/31492.aspx
http://www.ascuteasabutton.com/Merch...ory_Code=HEART
http://www.buttondrawer.com/Novelty_...id=91&offset=0

I knew I had some on pages in my lists somewhere.
Of course the ones I found first were too small, shank backed, or not
red. Then I found the ones I remembered and that made me start
wondering what on earth possessed me to favorite a site that wanted
$50 for three buttons. Maybe they were gemstone when I first found
them, but they were naught but glass when I just looked!
I just gave up and ferreted the above links out of google.

NightMist

--

Legolas is my house elf
Old July 20th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I can vouch for M J Trim. That's where I buy my baby clothes buttons by the
sack full. Nice company. Polly

Old July 20th 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Thanks, all. I'll give these a try. Couldn't come up with anything
in UK other than the Button Lady, who, as you say, seems only to work
from Shows. I may get to see her in August at NEC (DV) but I wanted
them well before then.

Yes, I got some little ones over the weekend at our local Duttons for
Buttons, which rarely lets me down, but it did this time.

I knew you lot would be able to magic some from somewhere. Now, let's
hope they ship Internationally without a second mortgage!

Thanks again
Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Old July 20th 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Just checked out the postage!
To the UK $43.18 or $52.18 (Minimum)

OUCH! Might be waiting till August after all!
Nel
(Gadget Queen)