I've decided

Old June 23rd 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

Default I've decided

First, I've decided to call the clinic today and get started all over
again with another doctor.

Second, I've decided to stop being so negative. Life happens.

I've been puttering around with the alternate nine-patch. Haven't get
gotten to the stage of slicing and re-sewing, and I'm eager to see what
that will look like. Especially when I put them up on my design wall.
As for the diamonds I put on the back burner, my understanding is that
the best way to learn how to match them up for proper seams is to draw
the quarter inch seam allowance around them. Right? Then as time goes
on you get an eye for it. That's what I'll do next, after this
ten-minute quilt is finished.

Love you guys,
Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old June 23rd 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Good girl. Three cheers for you.

For entirely different reasons, I have just encouraged a friend on the
phone to do exactly the same thing.

She is also going to go to a holistic practitioner for something else.
I reminded her that one appointment does not constitute a lifetime
commitment - it is something we 'lowly' patients sometimes forget. If
you don't think you'll got on, move on.
..
In message tl40m.157445$DP1.106041@attbi_s22, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 23rd 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Good for you!
Remembering when I worked full time, sometimes 10 minutes was all I
had to sew. Lots of quilts got done (well, OK, I did a lot of
finishing over weekends when inspiration struck.) A good trick is to
stop in the middle of something (half a seam, half the chain-stitched
triangles, whatever) so you can just finish that bit the next time you
sit down without having to figure out what you need to do. Then
mentally go over the next step while mindlessly stitching.
Roberta in D

Old June 24th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Second, I've decided to stop being so negative. Life happens.

Good for you, Karen, sometimes we need to do that, make a clear and
concious decision, sometimes it happens naturally and we just deal well
with a situation, but being brave enough to admit you aren't dealing
with it well and you're going to change is a huge step.

Cheers
Anne
Old June 24th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

You go, girl! Firing your doctor when necessary is almost as
empowering as firing your clients when they're not treating you well.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old June 27th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Sounds like you're listening to your body! Good for you. Keeping you in my
thoughts and prayers. -

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

:
: Second, I've decided to stop being so negative. Life happens.
:
:
: I've been puttering around with the alternate nine-patch. Haven't get
: gotten to the stage of slicing and re-sewing, and I'm eager to see what
: that will look like. Especially when I put them up on my design wall.
: As for the diamonds I put on the back burner, my understanding is that
: the best way to learn how to match them up for proper seams is to draw
: the quarter inch seam allowance around them. Right? Then as time goes
: on you get an eye for it. That's what I'll do next, after this
: ten-minute quilt is finished.
:
: Love you guys,
: Karen, Queen of Squishies
:

decided on the dark blue Brian Christiansen Quilting 4 April 27th 07 08:08 PM
Finally Decided on Ozark Maple Leaf Quilt R.E. Wicker Quilting 16 July 19th 04 03:07 AM
I decided, I think Patti Quilting 2 January 10th 04 05:21 PM
OT Hi All - I finally decided to join in Paegan Quilting 17 December 3rd 03 09:48 PM
Baby quilt theme decided..minor happy dance :-) Pati Cook Quilting 4 July 20th 03 09:51 PM