respin old baby blanket?

Old October 21st 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default respin old baby blanket?

My fiancee has an old baby blanket that is in pieces. It's basically
knotted together and pretty much destroyed. But she sleeps with it
every night (even though she is 25).

Is it possible to break it down, respin the yarn and recreate the
blanket? This might be a completely naive question but it seems
possible to me. I have no idea who would be able to accomplish this
mighty task, but if I could have it done, I think it would be the most
amazing present EVER.

(If I lost the blanket though, the wedding would be off).

Old October 21st 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Georgia wrote:
From someone (via me) who has been in the position of the fiancee:
"Tell him to leave his fiancee's blankie alone and buy her some nice
jewelry instead."

Georgia

Yeah, she probably likes it fine `as is'.

sue

oups.com...

Old October 22nd 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Susan Carey

If this is a real blanket, made of fleece or other blanket material,
you can put a backing on, such as a solid color sheeting that matches a
color in the blanket. Then re-edge the blanket with blanket ribbon. I
did this with Nolan's "Guadi" and it is still able to be used. However,
if it is yarn in a baby afghan, I think I would leave it alone and let
it wear out on its own. I have heard of family members carrying around
small pieces of yarn that had come from their favorite baby blanket
until it was no more and the mom was afraid it would be sucked up into
the baby's nose when sleeping with it. Never happened, and eventually
the yarn was lost. You might suggest she keep it in something like a
pillow case so it does not rapidly self destruct. But otherwise, just
leave it alone.

Sorry there is not better advice to give, but that is the way of
blankets.

Hugs,
Susan Carey

Old October 23rd 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

The ONLY thing you could do was sewing over it all length wise several
times and width wise several times with the Zigzag ,,,,, that is all
mirjam

Georgia wrote:
From someone (via me) who has been in the position of the fiancee:
"Tell him to leave his fiancee's blankie alone and buy her some nice
jewelry instead."

Georgia

Yeah, she probably likes it fine `as is'.

sue

wrote in message
oups.com...
My fiancee has an old baby blanket that is in pieces. It's basically
knotted together and pretty much destroyed. But she sleeps with it
every night (even though she is 25).

Is it possible to break it down, respin the yarn and recreate the
blanket? This might be a completely naive question but it seems
possible to me. I have no idea who would be able to accomplish this
mighty task, but if I could have it done, I think it would be the most
amazing present EVER.

(If I lost the blanket though, the wedding would be off).

Baby stitching and UFOs Sue Needlework 15 July 22nd 06 01:29 AM
baby blanket Allaya Diep Yarn 4 July 12th 05 09:11 PM
anyone looking for a baby blanket pattern? Karen Yarn 4 June 23rd 05 12:31 PM
Baby Blanket pattern Req. Bryan Yarn 7 June 6th 05 10:49 PM
Thread for Baby Quilt Mika Quilting 17 February 21st 04 01:18 AM